TMT Metalfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Anybody heard anything about this? I just found out about it today and it seems really underpromoted for the lineup they have. It's supposed to be a Wacken-style festival in New York over the summer and the lineup is pretty good. Forbidden, Attacker, Raven, Chris Caffery, Vicious Rumors, Icarus Witch, Flotsam and Jetsam...I might make the trip up to NY if I don't like the Bonnaroo lineup this year.

http://www.myspace.com/tmtmetalfest

wow, somehow a crappy band or two from Atlanta got on there. :Smug:

haha yeah, that's actually how I found out about this. One of the bands (Jenovah) posted on the Atlanta Metal forum that they needed a new guitar/vox person and they included this in their ad. I checked it out and it seems to be pretty cool. I didn't recognize any other Atlanta bands though, did I miss them?

Oh cool only 3 hours away, some of the bands names I can read are good, is there a full list in actual text? lol

Hey I actually dig Jenovah. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. It should be better than the old Morionor stuff (which wasn't bad at all).

Forbidden is the shit.

Hey I actually dig Jenovah. I can't wait to hear the new stuff. It should be better than the old Morionor stuff (which wasn't bad at all).

I never cared for the Morionor material to be quite honest, and definitely did not like the attitudes of some of their members. I have heard from sources that Jenovah is pretty good. I'll have to check them out.

but I'll stand by my opinion of Apathetic Discharge. :ill::puke:

I never cared for the Morionor material to be quite honest, and definitely did not like the attitudes of some of their members. I have heard from sources that Jenovah is pretty good. I'll have to check them out.

Morionor was pretty meh but I listened to one of the Jenovah tracks on their myspace and was pretty impressed. My first impression was a mixture of Graveworm and Symphony X.

I'm listening to Apathetic Discharge right now and I don't think it's bad at all. Pretty average, but not terrible. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like them.

When Morionor changed to Jenovah they released their bassist and vocalist who were both "dead weight" as I've been told. The singer did make a really offensive remark when I had them play down here in Albany. Jenovah aspires to be better than Morionor ever was.

I find a lot of the lineup choices to be strange. At best.

Considering the pool of area talent and who the actually brought on to do this fest, either they didn't get the word out right, don't know enough of the local bands or they only got friends/friends-of-friends. I love Magus Beast and all...but they cancel more (headlining) shows than they play...and well...Arctic Flame? Castrofate are alright though.

And giving out free weekend passes to Street Teamers? I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'm worried that somebody is going to lose a lot of money on this and the idea won't get touched around here for a couple more years.

It's a neat idea, but the thing that makes the European fests rule are the lineups...and while this fest DOES have some killer headliners (relative term for this fest), the rest of the pack don't necessarily REQUIRE anyone to be there.

Even at a Wacken Open Air or Bang Your Head! fest, the lineups are pretty solid throughout, not 6 or 7 awesome bands playing with 30-40 unknowns.

Even at a Wacken Open Air or Bang Your Head! fest, the lineups are pretty solid throughout, not 6 or 7 awesome bands playing with 30-40 unknowns.

While I like Flotsam & Jetsam, Forbidden, Raven, & Vicious Rumors, I don't think any of them are large festival headliners. It looks like this festival is following the Jack Koshick metalfest formula. A few midlevel bands to headline and a bunch of unknowns.

From one of the blogs on the festivals Myspace page:

6. This place is HUGE! plan on playing in front of 15 to 25 thousand people... OR MORE... IHRA Drag Event will be happening in conjunction with the TMT EVENT (Thousands of people attend this event as well. I guess the question is , how many of them are Metal Fans?) on 500 acres of beautiful Upstate NY countryside...

It will be in conjunction with a drag racing event. I like the crowd estimate. Maybe if the show is free for the racing fans.

I'll agree with what a few others have said. Comparing this festival to Wacken, is like comparing Roseanne Barr to Heather Graham. Granted, they're both human, and both female, but the similarities kind of end there.

Zod

Yeah. Depending on how much tickets cost (any idea?), I might see about going, because I'd like to see Raven, Flotsam and Jetsam, and Forbidden. But, I don't know. It's not something I'd be ecstatic about going to.

Well I think you have to crawl before you can walk. Hopefully they dont lose too much money and can do this every year and bring better lineups in future years. Looking at the history page at Wackens website there weren't many known bands for the first few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.