TMT Metalfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of the blogs on the festivals Myspace page:

6. This place is HUGE! plan on playing in front of 15 to 25 thousand people... OR MORE... IHRA Drag Event will be happening in conjunction with the TMT EVENT (Thousands of people attend this event as well. I guess the question is , how many of them are Metal Fans?) on 500 acres of beautiful Upstate NY countryside...

It will be in conjunction with a drag racing event. I like the crowd estimate. Maybe if the show is free for the racing fans.

15 to 25 thousand people? Are they high?

Holy crap! What are these guys smoking? Attacker supported Zandelle at a fest in Europe. Raven has not done squat in eons. ANd, I agree with Kaosaur on Magus Beast. Good act, but will they show? Also, I am SHOCKED that Haunted by Angels, who has a HUGE following in Upstate NY, is not even on the bill. Flotsam and Jetsam's best work was in the Newsted era.

Got news for you: I do not know if these guys could draw a crowd at Harveston's Poolside Pub or Don Hill's, never mind getting a spillover from the drag strip. The only good thing about this is that it is free from what I see.

OK, make my life easier, where-tf is it? Like what part of upstate NY? Poughkeepsie, Schenectetedy, Albany, Plattsburg, or Massena or what? I'm too lazy to look.

I haven't read a single thing about this on blabbermouth or anywhere else. That makes me question if 15,000 people even know it's happening.

tickets are only $25 in advanced. I;d say its a pretty fair price for 3 days worth of metal, booze, and chicks.

the bands seem to be spread from all over, nc, pa, nj, even one band from israel. plus this is one of those opportunities to hear some new shit other than the local drivel or metal for mass consumption.

OK, make my life easier, where-tf is it? Like what part of upstate NY? Poughkeepsie, Schenectetedy, Albany, Plattsburg, or Massena or what? I'm too lazy to look.

About 2 hours West of Schenectady (my hometown) out towards Binghampton. My family is still in Sch'dy so I may check this out just because I'm a huge ICARUS WITCH, and LAZARUS fan.

tickets are only $25 in advanced. I;d say its a pretty fair price for 3 days worth of metal, booze, and chicks.

the bands seem to be spread from all over, nc, pa, nj, even one band from israel. plus this is one of those opportunities to hear some new shit other than the local drivel or metal for mass consumption.

First post - welcome to the forum ... Are you involved with this festival? Is that how you know? Just curious.

I have to agree though. Although it may not be Wacken or ProgPower or even New England Metal and Hardcore Fest, every fest has to start somewhere and it's something different than your run-of-the-mill-radio-ozzfest-bullcrap. Anyway, more power to them for putting the effort out for a fest. :headbang:

I do know that the TMT stands for Total Metal Television. (Those guys were "sponsors" for last year's FotV festival, but mostly our sponsors just included companies/groups that put a link to our page on their page.) I believe they broadcast metal videos, interviews and such in the NY-area and that's probably how they are getting some of their exposure for those wondering why they've never heard of this fest until now, but I'm not positive about that.

$25....not bad...maybe I'll see about going.

And since it's in upstate New York as opposed to in the City somewhere, that probably means travel costs (well at least the hotel probably) will be less expensive. Hell, since there's a drag race going on, I'm going to guess there is some sort motorhome hooks ups or a camp ground nearby, since there typically are for those races.

I live in Northeastern PA. So, Binghamton is only about an hour and a half from me. I'm not really that familiar with the area except for the Broome County Arena. How close to Binghamton is Tioga county and the Tioga Center?

The SkyView Drags, where TMT is holding this thing, is located in Barton, NY. It is a straight shot west on I-88. So, if you are coming from Downstate NY, NJ, or Penn, best to head to I-81 around Scranton, to the junction at Binghamton. Barton is approximately15-20 mins away.

Yeah!! Killer classic bands from the real age of metal. THIS is my kind of festival!! The best part is that its only 2 hours away!!! You can bet your ass I will be there. Any detractors ought to think twice about dogging this type of fest - we need all the help we can get in these United States. Wacken wasn't built in a year, so why the negative comments about the talent? It's still light years ahead of Ozzfest and Gigancrap, that's for sure!! Fuck yeah, I am fired up for this fest!

Status
Not open for further replies.