TNT

IWP

80s freak
Apr 30, 2006
Philly
Does anyone besides myself like this band? I've really been digging them lately. I have their first threee albums and I love them! Their musicians are very talented, and the singer has an amazing voice. My favorite songs are Everyone's a Star, Intuition, 10,000 Lovers in One, and Listen to Your Heart. This band rocks! Anyone else agree?

yeah I quite like some of their songs especially Seven Seas. Caught between the tigers and what you mentioned except I haven't heard listen to your heart, are good too. I particularly like the singers voice as well.

Great band. Knights of New Thunder is a great disc (and Seven Seas, absolute classic song - with Harnell's inhuman vocals). For years and years all I ever knew by them was 10000 Lovers.

For the most part, I dig their latest disc (mostly because Mills is on it).

Their choruses stick to your brain, that's for sure! I have their first 4, and the Transistor album as well. I still play the album Intuition quite a bit still. Forever Shine On is my favorite song from them. LeTekro is a great guitarist, I'd love to hear an instrumental album from him.

I love TNT but IMO they have chosen the wrong way lately.

After recording their first album without Tony Harnell the adition of the american singer took the band to a next level.

"Knights of the new thunder" is brilliant, "Tell no tales" their best album and "Intuition", more american oriented but very good.

Then "Realized fantasies" is an underated album with excellent songs like "Downhill racer", "Hard to say goodbye" or "Indian summer".

I don´t like too much "Firefly" and "Transistor" (just a couple of songs) but their comeback album, "My religion", is superb :headbang:.

However, "All the way to the sun" and "New territory" (with Tony Mills) are average.

I don´t expect anything from the new album.

Always been a favorite band of mine, although I was never crazy about Intuition. Like Marco said, I think Realized Fantasies is one of those "most underated ever" type albums. I think it's great from beginning to end....and Knights and Tell No Tales are legendary. Since Harnell left, I've lost interest. The last album they did with him had 1 song I liked...

also never got the chance to see them live. :cry:

little known fact....when Knights was first released in the US on cassette and vinyl - before cds - the song "Break The Ice" had a different (and better IMO) guitar solo than the cd version of the album (which also has Tor With The Hammer) that was released years later. I forget why it was changed/replaced though....might have had something to do with rushing to get the album released in the US, or something like that.

i love them. is tony harnell even human :worship:

Unfortunately yes. I saw them 3 times live and Tony isn´t as good as on records. First time amazing, second one Ok, third one pssss. Even you can watch me at TNT DVD "Live in Madrid" and don´t believe what you listen there. Tony did it quite poor that night (it was my 3rd time in a TNT gig).

Besides, the whole backing vocals are samplers. Ronnie and the rest of the guys doesn´t sing a note.

Always been a favorite band of mine, although I was never crazy about Intuition. Like Marco said, I think Realized Fantasies is one of those "most underated ever" type albums. I think it's great from beginning to end....and Knights and Tell No Tales are legendary. Since Harnell left, I've lost interest. The last album they did with him had 1 song I liked...

also never got the chance to see them live. :cry:

little known fact....when Knights was first released in the US on cassette and vinyl - before cds - the song "Break The Ice" had a different (and better IMO) guitar solo than the cd version of the album (which also has Tor With The Hammer) that was released years later. I forget why it was changed/replaced though....might have had something to do with rushing to get the album released in the US, or something like that.

I have the German Import version of Knights. It has Tor With the Hammer on it. I payed about $23.00 for the album, but, it was worth it!:)

Harnell fans may want to checkout his newer project / band called Starbreaker...featured with guitarist Magnus Karlson. These two have quickly developed a strong writing partnership.
They just released thier 2nd disc...I like the first release better.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVjqDi6nOn8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Starbreaker is really good, but I haven't heard the new one yet (it won't be long).

Is Karlsson even human? :worship: ...and we all know that he plays on the Allen/Lande albums.

Yes Karlson is in sooooo many projects. He just recently joined Primal Fear to replace one of thier original guitarist who stepped out. Don't know if he is full on with this band?

I really liked his original band called Lasttribe, wish they had stayed together...are you familiar with them?

Unfortunately yes. I saw them 3 times live and Tony isn´t as good as on records. First time amazing, second one Ok, third one pssss. Even you can watch me at TNT DVD "Live in Madrid" and don´t believe what you listen there. Tony did it quite poor that night

Yeah, but you have to understand the several factors that determine how a singer sounds on any given night. Such as, but not limited to:
- How are they feeling? (ie. have a cold? body feel like shit? hungover?)
- Can they hear themselves through the monitors properly? (this is probably the biggest factor, when I'm really LOUD in the monitors, the better I'll sing because it causes you to use less force in your voice to hear yourself = less strain)
- Where are they in the tour? (ie. have they done 4 dates in a row and been going for the past month)
- What kind of shape is their throat in and have they been practicing enough? An "out of shape" singer will have much less stamina and range that one who sings all the time.
- Age? (If you're 50, you ain't gonna sound like you're 25)

Harnell, when he's at his best, is absolutely astounding and numerous singers can never hope to achieve even what he sounds like on an off-night.

Last tribe has some of Magnus's best songs IMHO.

TNT "All the way to the sun" I love that cd. A lot of Beatle influence along with some early Zep.

"LeTekro is a great guitarist" Check out "Wild Willy's Gang" cd Amazing guitar work on there and a great singer too!

A big fan of both Tony's. Siam was a great band & Starbreaker should stick together & not jsut be a project

Yeah, but you have to understand the several factors that determine how a singer sounds on any given night. Such as, but not limited to:
- How are they feeling? (ie. have a cold? body feel like shit? hungover?)
- Can they hear themselves through the monitors properly? (this is probably the biggest factor, when I'm really LOUD in the monitors, the better I'll sing because it causes you to use less force in your voice to hear yourself = less strain)
- Where are they in the tour? (ie. have they done 4 dates in a row and been going for the past month)
- What kind of shape is their throat in and have they been practicing enough? An "out of shape" singer will have much less stamina and range that one who sings all the time.
- Age? (If you're 50, you ain't gonna sound like you're 25)

Harnell, when he's at his best, is absolutely astounding and numerous singers can never hope to achieve even what he sounds like on an off-night.

I agree more or less with you but you have Dio, Glenn Hughes or Dave Meniketti. They´re older than Harnell and nowadays are still excellent singers. Harnell isn´t bat at all and he owns an overwhelming voice but live isn´t as good as on records.

You´ve talked about other Harnell or Magnus Karsson projects. First Starbreaker is brilliant. New one is more obscure and not so easy listening. From Magnus Karlsson I love Last Tribe´s "Witch Dance" or the last Allen/Lande album.

Don´t forget Westworld. What a great band! With Tony Harnell, god Mark Reale (Riot) and Bruno Ravel from Danger Danger. Specially their first album was amazing.

PS: By the way, Poundingmetal74, honestly, great, great album "Through the mirror". I couldn´t listen carefully until last weeks and I´m absolutely satisfied with some of the songs. Congratulations :headbang:

PS: By the way, Poundingmetal74, honestly, great, great album "Through the mirror". I couldn´t listen carefully until last weeks and I´m absolutely satisfied with some of the songs. Congratulations :headbang:

Thanks for the compliment bro! Really made my day. :cool:

On an unrelated note, we did a gig last night that lasted 3 straight hours (with about 25 songs played), and we had all 3 Final Stage drummer's perform with us.