To all the home recording guitarists here... WHOA

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I might not get a POD after all, haha...

http://www.simulanalog.org/

FREE VST plugins that emulate a bunch of pedals (DS-1, Tube Screamer...) and two classic tube amps (Fender Twin, Marshall JCM900), written in a rather scientific manner. Forget Amplitube, it sounds like shit compared to this. The V-Amp fucking FAILS it. Even the POD doesn't have Marshall sounds this authentic. I'm blown the fuck away. Listen to this that I recorded after fucking around for 5 minutes with the Tube Screamer and JCM900:

http://nw.ath.cx/~erik/jcm900.mp3

(Yes, the bass is not properly tuned and has shitty tone, and bonus points if you recognize the riff)

Seriously... In a mix, I don't think anyone here could make out that this is not a real miked amp. I love when free stuff is better than expensive stuff. (That's why I use Linux, but that's a different story.)

Well this is something I need to look into, I just got a soundcard for my computer that I can record up to 4 inputs at once with. :headbang:

Oh you're not? OK no problem.

I should find something local here I guess, but I don't know anyone who knows how to hit the record button and do all the other fancy stuff.

My local hairdressers is run by an American Idol contestant....haha, I could ask him. I'd probably end up with something that sounds like new Ulver.

Gosh, that would just be incredible. All I need to do is focus on writing the material, and I'll bring it over in my head. I'll borrow your instruments too. (It's only 2 tracks that I'm working on right now).

EDIT: Actually, I'll bring it over in an unmastered recording of bits and pieces. That much I can do. If you can help with mastering and mixing, I would be much obliged.

I'll buy you enough beers to last a month. :D

JayKeeley said:
My local hairdressers is run by an American Idol contestant....haha, I could ask him. I'd probably end up with something that sounds like new Ulver.
You're such a dirty heeb. :tickled:

One Inch Man said:
You're such a dirty heeb. :tickled:

I know. I never miss an opportunity. :loco:

It's true about the American Idol thing though. He was one of the twins that got rejected in the qualifying round and then followed them around the country to keep trying out. They kept saying no, but they let his twin through. :tickled:

Erik said:
Don't think I'm some sort of Peter Tägtgren or Dan Swanö though; I can just barely twiddle with the knobs enough to make a passable sound, but I own all the shits that are needed to track guitar, bass and vocals and do programmed drums. I even gots the MIDI keyboard if you want some gay synth overdubs or something. :tickled: <-- OH THERE IT IS!

Dude, I've listened to Nasheim many, many times. You don't need to sell me on anything. :kickass: Maybe you can throw in some vocals for me.

Perhaps I can double up a trip to the Sweden Rock Fest or something too....there seem to be festivals that are outdoing Wacken this year.

On/off-topic: the sound card I got was supposed to come with Cakewalk. It didn't (used freebie, woo). Where can I get software to do them shitz? I mean free software, I don't really want to pirate. :pink

scsaropreeascpreeeeeessscrpreorrorreeeee

yeah by the way, can someone explain to me how to use these.. I NEED IT.