To all the naysayers....

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
....If your not going this years festival because of the line-up, or your going to avoid the venue for most of the event... that will leave more room for me on the front row!!!:heh: Muhahaha!!!! Your missing out on the whole concept of what the festival is about, and 10 really amazing acts!

Also... I know there are plenty of people who are still wanting Gold Badges that are on the waiting list for one... please contact Glenn for a refund so more people that want to go to this festival regradless of the line-up, get their chance at a GB! ;)
:devil: I look forward to seeing you all there that are atteding! I'm already packed and ready to fly!

\m/
Dustin

For Glenn:
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Thanks for the hard work you put into this brotha!

I agree 100% Dustin. I think alot of people sold themselves short by convincing themselves that a certain act would play and buying into the rumours instead of just keeping an open mind and waiting for official word. The negativity I have seen in several threads is surprising to say the least.

I think the other thing that makes this event so fun is the people attending. I've gotten a chance to meet people like Rhavin2112 and his wife, Dustin, Sheri, Curtis, junnie and many others and they make the whole weekend as much fun as the music. :headbang::headbang:

See everyone in September!!!

Exactly!! I said this in IRC the other day and got a couple laughs out of it, PPUSA is 50% Music,50% People and 100% Party!!! I have friends I have met there that I hope to have for a long time!!!

Right on Dust my brotha from a different mutha :headbang:

Bear

I would have loved to see Iced Earth play.. always a cahnce for PP5 right? Even though I'm from their hometown (originating Tampa, FL) I never got to see them play aside from in 91 we shared the same rehearsal space as them and they played a couple tunes for the band I'm in...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

I'd love to catch them for a full set, but they never come back home on tour :(

I'm very happy with this years lineup. I've already got my GBs and the room is booked. I'm glad it's the same venue I didn't want to have to find a Starbucks in another city. :D Besides someone has to represent the Wyoming metal militia.

You know I think to people that really loved last year such as ME, Bear, Dustin, Rhavin etc that a huge portion of the fun factor is the whole experience. Yes the music is very important but the whole vibe, the atmosphere everything was just perfect at PP III. I mean my god I for one am thrilled that PP IV is in Atlanta again at the same venue and everything. Its like coming back to the place of sheer bad assery to relive it again. About the lineup.. Nightwish and Rage make me wet, Symphony X and Evergrey are icing on the cake and the rest I need to buy cds from. This might sound small and to some stupid to come for only 4 bands but hey, last year I was determined to go after only hearing Gamma Ray, Edguy, Angra and Blind Guardian were there the rest I bought cds and hey they kicked ass (Threshold, Zero Hour, Reading Zero, SILENT FORCE!!!). Even though its not Sonata, Labyrinth Vanishing Point, Stratovarius Im sure the undercard bands are good as well and worth my time and money and Im looking forward to hearing them for the first time on cd and live. Ill be seeing all of you harcore PP'ers there again in Sept.

Ben

I think the roster wasn't perfect, but still was quite good... I'm definitely going, not just because of the bands, but as you guys said, to have some fun.. Dude, the atmosphere in Atlanta was GREAT last year.. It's cool to walk on the streets and see people that are there for the same reason as you are, and they randomly come to chat with you, really cool metal katz.. Lets keep united this year, and make Progpower as good as it can be!!!!!

If you think I'm missing out on Adam buying me a beer, think again! It could be Dream Theater playing for 8 straight hours, 2 straight days and I'd still go. Well, maybe not. Heh.

Do I love the lineup? No.
Do I hate the lineup? Absolutely not.
Am I going? Absolutely.

To see friends, see some great music, stare at the bartender outside the main area while Redemption is on (uh, Glenn, you DID get the bartender again, right? Please tell me you did), etc. PP IV will be just as much goshdarned fun as PP III.

See you all at the Granada on Wednesday...

markgugs said:
If you think I'm missing out on Adam buying me a beer, think again! It could be Dream Theater playing for 8 straight hours, 2 straight days and I'd still go. Well, maybe not. Heh.

Do I love the lineup? No.
Do I hate the lineup? Absolutely not.
Am I going? Absolutely.

To see friends, see some great music, stare at the bartender outside the main area while Redemption is on (uh, Glenn, you DID get the bartender again, right? Please tell me you did), etc. PP IV will be just as much goshdarned fun as PP III.

See you all at the Granada on Wednesday...

Dream Theater.....

8 hours????

that would be a short set list for them........

:D

I think that although this years roster does not have the huge names like Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and Angra, almost all the bands are enjoyable. Last year I did not care much about Devin Townsend, Pain of Salvation, Zero Hour, Reading Zero, Thershold, and Silent Force. This year, there are more bands I am looking forward to (Rage, Nightwish, Evergrey, Symphony X, Secret Sphere, Pagans Mind, and Vanden Plas) than last year (Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, and Edguy).
Iced Earth would have been great this year, but I don't mind them missing out since I have seen them several times touring the US, and they will do that many more times. I was hoping for Grave Digger (long shot), Children of Bodom (they rule), and Stratovarius (playing lots of older material).
As many have said, you can't please everybody. But I am very, very pleased with this years lineup. Can't wait until September!!!!!

I guess it's just that I've already seen Evergrey and Symphony X so they are out for me. I thought the rule was that if they play in the USA, then they don't come to ProgPower. Evergrey is at Cleveland this summer so why are they an exception (aside from being a favorite of Glenn)? Why is Symphony X an exception?

woosta said:
I guess it's just that I've already seen Evergrey and Symphony X so they are out for me. I thought the rule was that if they play in the USA, then they don't come to ProgPower. Evergrey is at Cleveland this summer so why are they an exception (aside from being a favorite of Glenn)? Why is Symphony X an exception?

They both have new albums?? whats the big deal? The rule?? Glenn has stated that he will not have bands play back to back festivels, that isn't happening so I can't see what the problem is here. I am thinkin, but I could be wrong that Evergrey was booked for PPUSA before the other concert was announced, it still shouldn't matter. Not everyone that is going to the BW&BK fest is going to PPUSA and vice versa.

Bear

I really can't believe how many people are dis-enchanted with this year's line-up? Even if I didn't like a band say...Nightwish for example..(which I love!!!), how could I miss out on the chance to see them play HERE in the states for only 1500 people WITH a chance to meet them as compared to seeing the band say with 35,000 people at a metal festival in Europe with absolutely NO chance of meeting the band!! It is an opportunity to meet 10 bands in a small intimate venue - I for one am going to take advantage of that!!!

..Not to mention all the while we are surrounded by great people in the audience as well! To each, his own I guess. I just remember not paying attention to some bands @ 2.0 that I am KICKING myself for now!!(it really hurts). Maybe take this festival as a chance to see if a band can change your mind? Last year I wasn't expecting much from EDGUY and they absolutely blew me away the 1st night. I had sooo much fun with all of their energy they gave to the crowd. That's what this is all about....surprise performances and buying cd's, and meeting awesome people.

-Sheri :Shedevil:

I was one that was hoping for Iced earth as they never come to arizona and although I only really know 3 bands (Nightwish,evergrey,and symphony X) I love music festivals to possibly meet people and dig the atmosphere along with checking out the vendor areas. Heck, Milwaukee metalfest hasn't been at it's best lineup wise for a few years yet I always have fun for the whole weekend. It is refreshing to not just go to the same shows in my hometown seeing the same people or lack there of at all the shows.