to be famous?

qklom

New Metal Member
Jul 6, 2011
Hello all you guys! I really want to be famous. but i dont have any idea to write some cool riffs. Is there any way to write nice songs and to be famous?

Well, there's one of two ways you can do it:

1) Write things that sound like everyone else. Write a ballad-type song with four chords (I suggest G-Em-C-D) and some drop-D single-note riffs and you, too, can be famous just like a majority of the bands that sound like everyone else! Ah, sarcasm.
2) Be innovative. Do your own thing. Don't deviate too much from formula if you really want to be famous - keep it in simple song structure and 4/4. At the same time, you can still be adventurous with your riffs, do fun simple things like chord slides or different intervals than just 1-5 or 1-3-5. Find a group you want to cater to and work with it - if it's metal, write heavy. If it's pop, write easy to remember. Whatever it may be.

Listen to your influences. Take some of the ideas they're using and try to adapt it to your own writing. Try listening to unlikely sources as well - you might find some great rhythm idea in a Coldplay or Jason Mraz song just as well as you would in Metallica or Dream Theater.

Hope I was able to help in some way.

^ Brilliant method. Almost as brilliant as how Chris became a virtuoso:

1) Get guitar.
2) Eat oatmeal and watch cartoons all summer.
3) Virtually lose your childhood to music.
4) GUITAR MASTER

1. Go on a killing spree. Target children if you really want to get noticed.
2. Add a "signature" to your killing style so that you enter the domain of "serial killer".
3. Enjoy the thrill of taking life until you are caught.
4. Write songs of redemption from prison - people are bound to listen.
5. Await fame.

Caveat: Don't end your killing spree by killing yourself. There's no point being famous if you're not alive to enjoy it.

Keep us posted on the forum as to how you get on.

Good luck!

1. Go on a killing spree. Target children if you really want to get noticed.
2. Add a "signature" to your killing style so that you enter the domain of "serial killer".
3. Enjoy the thrill of taking life until you are caught.
4. Write songs of redemption from prison - people are bound to listen.
5. Await fame.

Caveat: Don't end your killing spree by killing yourself. There's no point being famous if you're not alive to enjoy it.

Keep us posted on the forum as to how you get on.

Good luck!

Epic :worship:

And also: the more childhood issues you have that you can bring to light to use as a catalyst for said "serial killer" behavior, the better your story will be. ;)