To The Guys Who Own Made Of Metal EZX

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
I currently own Superior Drummer, Rock Solid EZX, and Metal Machine EZX. I also own Metal Foundry, which I never use (Anyone want to buy my license?).

My question is this: I'm looking for an EZX that would be suited for genres from rock, hard rock, to maybe a little more classic rock. Since everyone is raving about Made of Metal, would it be versatile enough to cover all of that ground or would it be wise to pick out a different EZX? If so, which one?

Thanks. :wave:

Well, it's capable of fat and vintage (in a good way) tones, and it does react to different velocities, so I'd say "yes". Plus, it has an insanely beautiful room, which is great for blending with other drums (even live drums recorded in dry room). A no-brainer.

I just wish they'd release the raw sdx with the ezx. I bet those are going to be EPIC

I remember reading on here someone saying that the Nashville EZX was top notch and great for a lot of styles. Is that true?

Sounds like one of the best options for my needs is to get Nashville EZX and replace the cymbals with the ones from Metal Foundry in Superior Drummer.

Yeah do you want a clip? I can post one up of what that would sound like sans any plugin effects (even in superior).

Edit NM here ya go. Nashville drums and Metal Foundry cymbals in their raw form. Shitty thing is this solo was played a bit wonky and the cymbal shit at the beginning doesn't sound very good IMO, but it's a good rep of what the drums sound like.

https://db.tt/NUojB4CM

Yeah do you want a clip? I can post one up of what that would sound like sans any plugin effects (even in superior).

Edit NM here ya go. Nashville drums and Metal Foundry cymbals in their raw form. Shitty thing is this solo was played a bit wonky and the cymbal shit at the beginning doesn't sound very good IMO, but it's a good rep of what the drums sound like.

https://db.tt/NUojB4CM

Awesome, bro! Thanks for doing that. I really like how that sounds. I couldn't really hear the kick that much, but from I did hear it sounded really good. I think that's what I'm gonna do. The only thing that's good about Metal Foundry is the cymbals and since the shells in Nashville sound killer, it makes the perfect combo. Thanks again for the advice Loren! And also to everyone else who chimed as well. :worship:

I've never had much to complain about with the cymbals in any ezx. I think a lot of it has to do with how it's programmed. Cymbal velocities matter quite a lot. If they aren't right, it can ruin the whole thing. Getting a realistic feel from the cymbals is time consuming and difficult, but really important.

I've never had much to complain about with the cymbals in any ezx. I think a lot of it has to do with how it's programmed. Cymbal velocities matter quite a lot. If they aren't right, it can ruin the whole thing. Getting a realistic feel from the cymbals is time consuming and difficult, but really important.
Loren says that the Nashville EZX cymbals suck. I guess it is all up for interpretation.

I still need to snag made of metal. I have all the other "metal" ez expansions.

It's worth it. I'm torn between Made of Metal and Metal Machine being the best EZX for us metal guys. I consider Made of Metal as being less processed/more raw then Metal Machine, so it will take additional processing better, but then Metal Machine just sounds awesome and doesn't need processing. Either way, you can't miss with either expansion. They are both must haves IMHO.