Additional processing to EZXs

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
I'm under the impression that EZXs already come processed (with eq, compression, etc.) that can't be fooled with, even loaded within Superior. Would it be wise to not add anymore processing to these, besides maybe some additional light eqing?

How do you guys treat your EZXs in your mix?

I have Superior with Metal Foundry, Metal Machine, Rock Solid and Funkmasters. I tend to shy away from any additional processing on the EZXs, but then again I haven't really experimented with them a whole lot yet.

I used to process the shit out of Metal Machine and Metalheads (being a noob). Now I do some eq and light comp on snares/toms and my drums sound much better because of it. And I find that I don't even need very much drumbus comp (if any at all), just some saturation and done.

I'm under the impression that EZXs already come processed (with eq, compression, etc.) that can't be fooled with, even loaded within Superior. Would it be wise to not add anymore processing to these, besides maybe some additional light eqing?

How do you guys treat your EZXs in your mix?

I have Superior with Metal Foundry, Metal Machine, Rock Solid and Funkmasters. I tend to shy away from any additional processing on the EZXs, but then again I haven't really experimented with them a whole lot yet.

Metal Foundry needs processing pretty much like live drums, the samples, especially snares/toms are really, really raw, kicks not far behind. Several layers of eq, compression staging, saturation, filtering, limiting etc

Metal Machine is probably the most ready to go, with the kick/toms not much needs doing, but again with snares heavy work, same with Rock Solid.

Superior is weird, I wouldn't say any of the kicks are really useable processed or not, the snares take processing very well but never sound great, the cymbals/OH is whats most useful to leave alone.

Superior is weird, I wouldn't say any of the kicks are really useable processed or not, the snares take processing very well but never sound great, the cymbals/OH is whats most useful to leave alone.

Interesting. What program do you personally use for VST drums?