To the Sydney folks (it's about rugby league)

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Yo

Thinking (again) of going to Sydney, this time in mid-ish June, and am contemplating going to a game or two of rugby league.

Questions:

1. How long does it take to get to Parramatta Stadium from the city?

2. How far is Aussie Stadium (formerly the Sydney Football Stadium) from the city? My map just has an arrow pointing off the page saying "Sydney Football Stadium", so it's little help.

That's about all. :)

The olympic stadium isn't exactly close. I can't remember exactly, but it might take about 20 minutes by train. Out to the west of the city.... I dunno what the situation is now, but when I went there for the 1999 NRL grand final you had to book parking in advance. What a joke! It ended up with me and my mate parking at a nearby station and getting the train. Still cost bloody $4.80 for two stops!!! And the Dragons lost anyway.... :(

We won yesterday though - woohoo!! :)

Ah yeah, damn I should read what people write properly! I saw "Aussie Stadium" and thought "Stadium Australia", and fired away. :)

Yep it's right near the SCG, within walking distance. It's not far from the city centre at all really.

Parramatta station is a 23 minute ride in one of the interurban trains (i.e. the ones that only stop at a few stations rather than heaps) and then I imagine it isnt far from Parramatta station, but you had best ask Stevo from Dungeon as he will know for sure :)

Spawny, how far exactly is the SCG from the city centre? I remember it's not far, but not exactly how far. Not within walking distance anyway.

Well it depends where you are, if you get off at Central, its walking distance, but most people catch a bus as its more convenient :)

You can get a train to take you to Central then get the bus if you are not near Central (its quite easy to get a train, theres stations in most parts of Sydney so you never have to go far without finding a monorail, train, bus or whatever)

I havent been for ages though, so maybe someone who has knows more about it...

Hmm, might just be easier to catch a taxi instead of worrying about trains and such. :) That's if I decide to see a game - I doubt I'll bother going to the Parramatta/Warriors game, and the only one at the SFS is the Roosters vs the Cowboys... and do I want to see that one?

It's a pain because there are two games there the weekend before, Roosters vs Bulldogs and Souths vs Melbourne, but that's the weekend after I finish work and so I can't make it to that one... then again, I *could* make the trip down to our nation's capital to see Canberra play the Broncos, and I *was* thinking of going down there for something to do. Hmm...

Spiff... You can catch a bus from Central Station to Aussie Stadium, or you can walk it down Cleveland Street. The walk takes about 30 - 40 minutes though, depending on how many pubs you stop at on the way. To get to Parra Stadium, catch the train to Parramatta station and follow the crowd. It's about a 5 minute walk.

Why are they calling it Aussie Stadium now? Are they sponsored by Aussie Home Loans or something?

Yeh, "at aussie, we'll save you".... boooo!!!

spiff, if i were you i probablyl wouldn't bother seeing either of the games ;) if you can make broncos v canberra, that should be a pretty good game indeedy....

Homebush is a shorter train ride from the city than Parra is. I live about 5 minute drive from Parra stadium. It's about a 30 min train trip from central.

SFS or Aussie Std is about a 1.5 minute bus trip from central station.... or about a 10 minute walk... but there is a big fuck off hill to encounter. Bullshit to that!