To those who GAS for the CLA pack

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Just wanted to let you know that I prefer the cheaper Stillwell 'Rocket' to either of the CLA-76 plug-ins.

I've done a lot of comparisons over the course of several projects since getting the CLA plug-ins, and the Rocket works better in just about every application that doesn't relate to vocals. It's generally a lot better on drums and bass.

Not sure about alternatives to any of the LA plug-ins though.

Logic 101 : if the Rocket works better everywhere except in vocal-related applications, the CLA compressors surely sound better in those.

Been demoing the CLA, to me it craps over the rocket. CLA 76 on drums = beast, CLA2A + CLA 76 straight after on vocals is awesome, CLA3A on guitars = very smooth. Will still be getting these and probably the signature plugs as the cla voclas and bass are soooo good.

I love the Rocket as well. I use it the most out of the Stillwell plugins I've got, Vibe EQ comes second. I just wish I had a nice LA2A style compressor to go with it, as I still haven't found anything I'd like more than a LA2A followed by a 1176 on vocals. I do own the Major Tom too, but I find I only use it on specific things.

Sooo uhhh A/B test anyone? ;) Cuz I'm looking into buying a waves bundle and its down to cla classic ssl or gold and if rocket is just as good if not better then that just makes my decision 10x easier