To whoever said Punk bands can't tap or solo

Listener1254

May 19, 2003
Less Than Jake is a band that can tap and they do it quite often. Listen to the song "Help Save The Youth Of America" and you will be impressed. Listen to any song off "Hello Rockview" and your opinion will change about punk bands. Don't respond until you hear a song. Be fair.

Who cares?

Not me.

If some punk band has a solo in a song its not going to make me like it.

I cant stand the way punk sounds. I hate the drums, the guitars, the vocals, and the fans.

what the fuck are you doing on Ultimate METAL? your defending punk, thats not metal, i suggest you shut the fuck up about stupid shit like punk. it sucks, i hate it, everything. i dont care if they have a good solo or not, just stop talking about punk!

Metal is Religion said:
what the fuck are you doing on Ultimate METAL? your defending punk, thats not metal, i suggest you shut the fuck up about stupid shit like punk. it sucks, i hate it, everything. i dont care if they have a good solo or not, just stop talking about punk!

Good argument

God, there are 1000's of punk bands here in South CA
i cant fucking stand any of them. The guitar sound they go for is as stale as a dead fish. And the stupid punk drum beat is the single most annoying thing any one can play on drums

I don't doubt that there are talented punk bands out there. It just isn't my piece of cake. I just can't enjoy it the way I enjoy metal.

I also think that if you want to be recognised as a skilled musician, punk really isn't the right vehicle to use. Since punk is all about rebellion, not giving a damn about rules, etc - neither the critics or the fans will give a shit about whether you're playing something insanely difficult or just slamming out power chords.

I have a bunch of friends in a local punk band. Their ace guitarist is an old metal-head (who I played with in a metal band a few years ago). The other guy is 100% punk - and you can never hear his guitar when they're playing live, because he turns the volume off and concentrates on posing. :lol:

'bane

The ORIGINAL South Of Heaven said:
I absolutly hate punk, but does anyone else find it funny the only band that could pull off a solo on Metallica Icon was Sum 41?

Eh its not that funny because they are all worshippers of the great MAIDEN, so that means that they have the metal background that most of the other bands dont. They just choose to play shitty pop punk for whatever reason (if its more than just extorting money out of stupid kids, if thats the case then they are business geniuses).

punk sucks, everyone knows that. wanna hear proper soloing? listen to children of bodom or arcturus. good solos, great bands. punk really is the lowest of the low. true, each to his own, but my own is metal and i'm sticking with it. not to be cynical now of course........... i am open minded, it just closes to shit like afi and others not even worth naming..... fuck 'em, they're SHITE!!!!!!!!!

thrashmetal78 said:
Less Than Jake? I recommend you listen to Cryptopsy and Nile. Nile would fucking eat Less Than Jake.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 favorite! Your taste is supreme!!!
And I've heard every less than jake cd! My friend is way into them and has all of them.
they suck....i'm sorry, but i cna't find anything i like about them

EDIT: And you have a Zyklon avatar! *faints*
All you need now is Hellhammer and all my fav. drummers are in your post!:)

DUDE, HELLHAMMER FUCKIN' OWNS!!!!!! Hellhammer and Trym are two of my favorite drummers, next to the drummer from Nile.

I met those guys after the Day at the Border, man. Nile are the coolest motherfuckers EVER! We were the only Americans at the after party, and he couldn't believe that he was in Milan, Italy talking to another American, of all places. We drank and bullshitted all night...those guys really do appreciate their fans and are so down to earth. After a while, you almost forgot that they were the gods of death metal, they were so fuckin' cool.

Also, when they announced Sarcophagus, I told some of my Italian friends who were unfamiliar with them..."DUDE, GET READY...THIS PIT IS ABOUT TO FUCKING EXPLODE." Then we all went nuts. I thought the Italians would be kinda weak in their pits, as their demeanor and lifestyle is so laid back. Oh hell no, they know how to mosh dude, and their pits were HUUUUUGEEEEE!!!!! I mean, we're talking at LEAST 30-40 feet wide. It was half the floor at one time!

Awsome! I met Jon and Karl during the Art of Noise tour, but the concert was going on so we couldn't talk much. But I did get their autographs and exchange a few words.;) They were awsome needless to say.

I must admit that the face of newer "poppier" punk is stale corporate-owned bullshit dumbed downed for the masses. But during the later 70's and early 80's in America (and Europe), Punk was the stormfront of rebellion. Punk now is nothing like punk then. Yes there are newer bands who carry on the original punk tradition but you all have been listening to the wrong bands. By the way, why the fuck are you all mentioning MTV bands anyways? Anything you see on TV is of course going to be mediocre. Mediocre music sells to mediocre masses.

Interesting facts -
Tom Araya (Slayer bassist/vocalist) was featured in a Suicidal Tendencies (Southern California punk band)'s video.

Slayer - Released an album that was comprised of nothing but punk covers.

Metallica - Covered Misfits and admits that they were "huge fans of punk but they wanted to play faster and harder." Also, if you look at pictures of Cliff, he's usually wearing a Misfits shirt (the huge skull).

Iron Maiden - Bruce Dickinson roadied for The Clash (early English political punk band).

Motorhead - Motorhead covered The Sex Pistol's "God Save The Queen". Most "punks" are huge fans of Motorhead. Lemmy also played on a demo of The Damned (early goth/punk band... Now known for its more gothic sound, but its roots are punk)

what the hell!!! Less Than Jake??? they blow nuts! The only good punk band is Strung Out. and their cover of Bark at the Moon is just fuckin amazing. download it now!! Everyone!!