Fans of MUSIC... Or tabs of BANDS

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
FUCKING IPHONE: FANS OF BANDS not tabs :p

I'm just thinking recently after a chat with my bands other guitarist about supporting a band because you love the band, or do you simply love the band straight up for the music.

Id like to think there are bands I LOVE and there are, I'm always impressed and happy one way or another with them, but that's because they've continually proved themselves musically to my emotioval respons and then in each other way.

I figure I'm a fan of MUSIC and a fan of the band while their music adheres to what I like.

Eg, in flames! I'd say I LOVE in flames pre clayman.. Because until that point everything the BAND put out I loved. Now... People say if you're a fan you should support the band no matter what etc. Ok, well I support the bands right to play whatever they want, it's THEIR music. But it's also not wrong of me to stop enjoying them due to creating music I don't like. I will then seek out other bands etc to fill gaps/ try new variations etc.

So I conclude. We are all fans of music, every song has a band behind it and some bands will manage to write music that's hits us more than others, and sometimes that stops. And so Be it, they've simply hit a new era in their lifecycle, and there's nothin wrong if you do the same :)

Food for thought anyways :)

FUCKING IPHONE: FANS OF BANDS not tabs :p

I'm just thinking recently after a chat with my bands other guitarist about supporting a band because you love the band, or do you simply love the band straight up for the music.

Id like to think there are bands I LOVE and there are, I'm always impressed and happy one way or another with them, but that's because they've continually proved themselves musically to my emotioval respons and then in each other way.

I figure I'm a fan of MUSIC and a fan of the band while their music adheres to what I like.

Eg, in flames! I'd say I LOVE in flames pre clayman.. Because until that point everything the BAND put out I loved. Now... People say if you're a fan you should support the band no matter what etc. Ok, well I support the bands right to play whatever they want, it's THEIR music. But it's also not wrong of me to stop enjoying them due to creating music I don't like. I will then seek out other bands etc to fill gaps/ try new variations etc.

So I conclude. We are all fans of music, every song has a band behind it and some bands will manage to write music that's hits us more than others, and sometimes that stops. And so Be it, they've simply hit a new era in their lifecycle, and there's nothin wrong if you do the same :)

Food for thought anyways :)

Always music first, if I understand you right. I havent paid much attention to In Flames since Colony so I guess that falls right into the music instead of the band theory. I didn't listen to The Haunted because I dont like the vocals, but I fuckin love At The Gates. So being nearly the same dudes, another point for music first.