The guitar solo...

LunaTEKKE said:
“I Am” with the flashpots would ROCK – but a few of those blue-hairs might not come back the following year! However, there are some Savatage songs besides Christmas Eve / Sarajevo that would be a great fit for a TSO show. “Mozart and Madness” and “Hall of the Mountain King” come to mind.

Also, someone in a TSO d-group suggested opening the show with “The Ocean/Welcome” – I always thought that would be a cool inside joke for the Savatage fans in the audience.

Well, I don't expect them to come out there and do Power of the Night or City Beneath the Surface! LOL :lol:

I'm more or less suggesting for them to do a Savatage set of their 90s rock opera stuff. I mean they've done a Beethoven set for the last two years and that has nothing to do with Christmas. So why not a Savatage set of tunes from Streets, DWD, and Magellan? It makes sense to me.

edgeofthorns said:
I'm more or less suggesting for them to do a Savatage set of their 90s rock opera stuff. I mean they've done a Beethoven set for the last two years and that has nothing to do with Christmas. So why not a Savatage set of tunes from Streets, DWD, and Magellan? It makes sense to me.

While I would personally love to hear some of that material, I think that what makes the show “work” for the multi-generational audience is that the older folks are hearing melodies that are familiar to them. As far as I can recall, with the exception of a couple of cover tunes, the non-Christmas material is all based on the classics. That’s why I think that material like “Hall of the Mountain King” and “Mozart and Madness” would fit well into the second half of the show.