What is your favorite solo?

MasqueReaper

Paradise Lost...OH SHIT!!
Apr 25, 2004
Roslyn, NY
What song contains your favorite Bodom solo(s)?

I would have to say that my favorite is Kissing the Shadow, the whole rythm and tone of the song changes as Alexi comes in with a really minor-sounding decending scale. I also love how Alexi's solo flows directly into Janne's, and then Jannes flows back into Alexi's second solo. It has my favorite note choices, and I love the background melody.

Anybody else?

yep, kissing the shadows fer sure. and northern comfort too. and i really like the solo/riff in Wrath Within. although, from his most recent interview, i found out that Wrath within is alexi's least favorite song :erk: but whatevs, i like it (especially the beginning vocals, so hottt) hmm....what other solos? hate me! has a nice one...and there are too many to think of...i have a lot more...

Warheart
Children of Bodom
Downfall
Taste of my Scythe
You're Better Off Dead
Hate Crew Deathroll
The Nail
We're Not Gonna Fall

Um, has this thread not been done more times than a blonde hooker at the harbour-front after the navy boats pull in from a 10 month voyage at sea? :erk:

Downfall, Hate Me!, Kissing The Shadows... they are all good, but are you asking about the live ones or the recordeds ;P

And this topic has already been posted for a few times now... please search before you make a thread.

I'm out of my mind (cough, cough...) but I don't care, so will say (cough, cough..) my opinion...

I can't choose only one solo: do you wanna make me die?! :( Hahahah... ;) Ok, my fav solos are in:
"Downfall" (the notes chose, with that speed: it reaches some point, stops, then restarts.... brrrrr!);
"Somebody put something in my drink" and "Hellion" (ok, they're covers but I swear that I almost prefer these to the original ones!);
"Everytime I die" (I like the distortion-sound, and in my opinion this is their most "touching" -mind, people, not emo- solo);
"The Nail" (cold and disquieting... good).

ps: ok, it's a sort of contraddiction but I like all solos ...(But hey, don't kill me!!!... I'm not ready for the scythe!! :cry:)

Oh yeah shit, I forgot about Hate Me.

Also the Towards Dead End intro is really cool but that's not a solo.

Is it chokehold that has the kickass guitar and key solo? That one is really fun.. I like that alot. I prefer more "composed" sounding solos and guitar/key unisons type things.

Yes it is, around 2mins or so in there's a comprehensive mind blowing solo. The stuff of Dragonforce's wetdreams. Lil Blood-red riding hood has a sweet little part as well.

┼Victim of the Night┼;5561372 said:
I'm out of my mind (cough, cough...) but I don't care, so will say (cough, cough..) my opinion...

I can't choose only one solo: do you wanna make me die?! :( Hahahah... ;) Ok, my fav solos are in:
"Downfall" (the notes chose, with that speed: it reaches some point, stops, then restarts.... brrrrr!);
"Somebody put something in my drink" and "Hellion" (ok, they're covers but I swear that I almost prefer these to the original ones!);
"Everytime I die" (I like the distortion-sound, and in my opinion this is their most "touching" -mind, people, not emo- solo);
"The Nail" (cold and disquieting... good).

ps: ok, it's a sort of contraddiction but I like all solos ...(But hey, don't kill me!!!... I'm not ready for the scythe!! :cry:)

Oops, I accidentally saw that I forgot to say this: I really like the solo in "Punch me I bleed" (ok, maybe it's easier, but I like it. And stop.)....

┼Victim of the Night┼;5562964 said:
Oops, I accidentally saw that I forgot to say this: I really like the solo in "Punch me I bleed" (ok, maybe it's easier, but I like it. And stop.)....

It's funny you mention that, when I saw Bodom in Philly the most recent time, right after AYDY came out, they had a signing at a local record store before the show. When we got up into the room with the band, Punch Me, I Bleed was playing over the speakers and Alexi whistled along with his solo!

Hum favorites solos (cant choose one :p ) I prefer keyboard solos ... In the Shadows is a nice solo ... not the fastest but i like it, the way it sounds ... same as HateBreeder's solos...incredible ... Mask of Sanity, Children of Decadence, Children of Bodom, Chokehold are fast.... i think that's ....lol OMG KISSING THE SHADOWS FOR SURE (but i prefer hatebreeder). I think my first favorite has been Lake Bodom keyboard solo...forever wrong tabs, sadly, coz i would like to learn it

hmm, towards dead end, lake bodom, touch like an angel of death i'll edit this post when i think of more

It's funny you mention that, when I saw Bodom in Philly the most recent time, right after AYDY came out, they had a signing at a local record store before the show. When we got up into the room with the band, Punch Me, I Bleed was playing over the speakers and Alexi whistled along with his solo!

Curious, but nice, thing.... :)