What is your favorite solo?

I'll bet that solo is hard to play, Alexi makes it sound great live, except for the end of the solo he always flubs (the fast decending part) as Janne comes in with his sick sick solo (which he NEVER messes up). I'd love to see if anybody can reproduce it themselves.

Yeah, but the sweeping part is the only thing that is hard really :p , yeah he shouldnt fuck it up so much , and at CRY he messes up the pinch harmonic at the end to, you can see him trying to do it but he fucks up ^^

If you can provide me a recording of yourself playing it as clean as it is on the album, I'll back down. Until then...

If you can provide me a recording of yourself playing it as clean as it is on the album, I'll back down. Until then...
first i didnt say I can, I said I can play it pretty clean but the sweeping part is a little sloppy, and laiho cant even play that solo as clean as it is at the album.
and with hard I mean you gotta practise on the solo for like 4 hours a day or something like that, I learned the notes and just play and practised til I could it pretty clean, still working on the sweeping though.

The LDB solo is hard to play correctly and to make it sound good, they all are.

^It isn`t so hard though, but the sweeping part is still sloppy for me

So you said: It isn't hard to play correctly and isn't hard to make it sound good.

Sombody may have mentioned it, but the whole end of Wrath Within (yes, that song that Alexi "hates"), is phenomenal, the riffs he plays are so neoclassical.

BTW Wrath Within is one of Jaska;s best songs, he really gets to fly.

What song contains your favorite Bodom solo(s)?

I would have to say that my favorite is Kissing the Shadow, the whole rythm and tone of the song changes as Alexi comes in with a really minor-sounding decending scale. I also love how Alexi's solo flows directly into Janne's, and then Jannes flows back into Alexi's second solo. It has my favorite note choices, and I love the background melody.

Anybody else?

Kissing the Shadows, Every Time I Die, We're Not Gonna Fall, Northern Comfort, Mask of Sanity, Chokehold, Angels Don't Kill...

Yes, yes, yes!...Kissing The Shadows is definetly the best. Other ones that i really love are solos from Somebody Put SOmething in my Drink(that was tight), Every Time I Die, Lake Bodom, Children of Bodom, and Bed of Razors.

the nail. it has the best solo one could ask for.:kickass: followed closely by silent night bodom night

Kissing the shadows solo was a real killer when i heard it first time. But, the best solo prolly is in Hatebreeder, guitar battling with synth, damnt cool! Hate me has also pretty kicking solo.