Today Sept. 28th , I am Hero Of The Day!

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
So i was in Hastings yesterday selling some cds and there was a stack of metal cds sitting there. 3 Amon Amarth, 2 Soilwork, Dragonforce, Cellador, With Passion, and Himsa. I was like talking to the girl saying hey thats freakin wierd thats some good shit. So today my buddy Matt calls me and says " DUDE MY CDS WERE STOLEN YESTERDAY!!!" I was like HOLY FUCK I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT!!! Turns out I was right I called Hastings and spoke to security and told them the situation and they pulled the cds and the guy who sold thems Drivers License. Matt Identified the cds and proved they were his by the fact that the DragonForce was signed by the band. They wouldnt just hand them over back over to Matt so he had to file a police report and then go through that process but then he could get them back. One Amon Amarth cd got sold but luckily one thats easy to find. So today I declare myself Hero Of The Day and I hope they nail this fucker for theft. The guy stole Matts title to his car and credit card information. Talk about right place at the right time. Albuquerques a big city.

Talk about right place at the right time. You are a very noble person and a great friend.

Stopping thievery is a matter of all citizens, hats off to your actions.

Excellent! My wife had a bunch of CDs ripped off a few years ago (a fair number of mine included in that) and I would have liked to have gotten my hands on the culprit. Just a few minutes alone...

Yikes. Good catch. If my cd's were ever stolen, I don't know what I would do.l I would be so pissed. Anytime I have all my cds in my car i get a bit nervous. My car virtually triples in value when they are in there. I try not to do that very often however. I like to bring the small cd book on the road.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
So today I declare myself Hero Of The Day and I hope they nail this fucker for theft. The guy stole Matts title to his car and credit card information. Talk about right place at the right time. Albuquerques a big city.

Good job !! Maybe you should go into detective work. Of course you can only do honorable stuff like murder, rape etc. That is great though. Hero of the day !!

Bryant

TaylorC said:
If mine were stolen, I would just steal them again off the internet. ;)

Me too, but I would be so upset, since most of mine were given to me :(

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY,

Hero indeed :)

Rule #1: The CDs must NEVER leave the room!
Rule #2: The CDs must NEVER leave the house!
Rule #3: In the improbable case that rules 1 and 2 have to be broken it has to be a copy NEVER the original.

And now you understand why I tape all my CDs :D

I always make alot of mix cds so I can take stuff with me and then my cds never leave my room. Thanks guys. I actually was training to become a police officer and past all the tests and all the physical test but when it came to the interview I told them about my past and was honest about my past and they banned me for 5 years, when you do dumb things when you are 18 and 19 they can come back and haunt you. Thats life though.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I actually was training to become a police officer and past all the tests and all the physical test but when it came to the interview I told them about my past and was honest about my past and they banned me for 5 years, when you do dumb things when you are 18 and 19 they can come back and haunt you. Thats life though.

You were right to be honest! If you hadn't been and then they found out afterwards it would have been worse. You did the right thing. I know it sucks to pay for it now because I've been there but it will owrk itself out. Trust me.

You might want to try some small towns in Southern Colorado. They're not too picky. I know because I grew up there and some of the most troublesome kids in my home town ended up on the local PD and as sheriff's deputies. Hell, the current police chief's son was the biggest drug dealer in town back then. :lol:

Sweet, Ill have to look into that, seriously. I never did anything with ***** or guns or even hurt anyone. Made some bad money decisions at a job. Yeah......

Reminds me of one of the darkest days of my life. I call it "The Great Tape Take of '88". My first week after moving from Idaho to Phoenix and some asshole breaks into my truck and steals my entire cassette collection. All my best stuff, mostly original release import items that couldn't be replaced. Man, I was miserable for the longest time after that. I felt raped and robbed.

I rank theives right up there with rapists and baby killers. They should all be hung, drawn and quartered in a public display. :heh:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Reminds me of one of the darkest days of my life. I call it "The Great Tape Take of '88". My first week after moving from Idaho to Phoenix and some asshole breaks into my truck and steals my entire cassette collection. All my best stuff, mostly original release import items that couldn't be replaced. Man, I was miserable for the longest time after that. I felt raped and robbed.

I take it you never got them back?

poundingmetal74 said:
I take it you never got them back?
Nope. Checked every record store and pawn shop I could find, but came up nil. I thought for sure I could at least rebuy some of them used since they weren't mainstream bands and would stand out. I even left a list at the used music shops of some of the more remote bands like Pandemonium and 3rd Stage Alert hoping that would set off an alarm. No luck.

I always visioned some punk ass kid swiping them and then tossing them in a dumpster when there wasn't any Motley Crue or Def Leppard to be found.