Dumb question - How do I rip these CDs to MP3 ??? Please help if you can...

Oct 17, 2006
May not be as easy as it appears - I've ripped many CDs and have yet to encounter any that are unrippable (including enhanced & damaged CDs) - Until today.

I bought Norther 'Mirror Of Madness' & Anthropia 'The Ereyn Chronicles' and I can't rip them. Both CDs read ok in the drives but they have an Auto Play video / interactive menu with no direct access to the audio files that I can find. Even when I open the folder in My Computer - The individual songs are not visible. How do I access to the audio files so I can convert to MP3?

Any suggestions??

I use Exact Audio Copy for those extra tricky ones and CDEx for everything else. The audio tracks are always visible and accessible through CDEx even if there's multimedia stuff on the disc.

Biggest problems I've encountered so far were with those "copy protected" ripoffs a few years back, where the big idea was to lower the quality of the cds and corrupt the audio signal so they would be harder to rip. Iron Maiden's Dance of Death is a good example, my regular cd player couldn't handle it so I actually had to download it (illegally) to be able to listen to the damn thing I paid for! :rolleyes:
Good thing most record companies have seemed to ditch those copy protections by now.

I use CDex too. I have another ripper, but I don't have it installed at the moment. CDex does the job so far.

I use CDex too. I have another ripper, but I don't have it installed at the moment. CDex does the job so far.

Ditto here, when I want a good quality I use CDex. When I need speed I use Windows Media.

NP: Hammerhawk - 'High Score'

I've been using WMP for a couple years now & I'm really pleased with the quality & speed @ 192kbps. The trick to ripping multimedia discs is to be sure the 'Rip CD' tab is open prior to loading the CD.
I was using Music Match for several years prior to that but I got sick of shelling out 9.95 every 6 months for upgrades.

I was using Music Match for several years prior to that but I got sick of shelling out 9.95 every 6 months for upgrades.

Weird I used MM for many years always free. Nowdays I use WMP for playing CDs in the comp (is compatible with my multimedia keyboard), Winamp for MP3s, CDex for ripping, Real Player for real media, DivX Player for movies and Cyber Link Power for DVDs...I know I'm weird

NP: Shadow Gallery - 'First Light'

^I prefer BS player for any movie files, it gives nice features and even in AVI format you can add the subtitles if you have the proper srt file