I did something terrible today

Face it. As great as they WERE they suck now. Move along. Nothing to see here but dead bodies.

Now. Let's move on to the bands that could REPLACE Metallica as the royalty of thrash. Or is thrash just dead? Thoughts? Rants? Suggestions? Party favors? :D

MeTuLHeD said:
Face it. As great as they WERE they suck now. Move along. Nothing to see here but dead bodies.

Now. Let's move on to the bands that could REPLACE Metallica as the royalty of thrash. Or is thrash just dead? Thoughts? Rants? Suggestions? Party favors? :D
Testament is not a bad bet, but they're more of a supergroup than a band lately, when you think about it. The newly reenergized Exodus lineup kicked a lot of ass when I saw them.

But my vote for the reigning kings of thrash has GOT to go to Overkill. 12 albums and not ONE of them sucks. even if they are a bit samey.

Ryan

Wow! I agree...Overkill is the New York metal heroes...never compromising...either you slam to 'em or you hate 'em...and I know people that hate 'em and still slam!

Overkill...just a great, great band.

Classic album recommendations -- The Years Of Decay and Horrorscope
Newer material -- From The Underground And Below and Necroshine

If you're unsure of the band...grab both of their live albums...the double-live Wrecking Your Neck (from the WFO tour) and the latest single-CD live release (from the Necroshine tour recorded in NJ). What an awesome sampler of material those are!

Goddammit...just gotta go spin some now!

Rock on!