Tom Waits

HarmonyDies....

Semi-True
Oct 14, 2001
Canada
With the amount of drinking that goes on at this forum I'm suprised NOONE as mentioned Tom Waits at all. You guys NEED to hear this guy, he is personally one of my favourite artists and creates an excellent atmosphere with his music that NOONE can touch. I recommend perhaps starting off with Rain Dogs for those who haven't heard of him? Anyways, ANY FANS OUT THERE?!?!?!

Ooh! I'm a fan! I only hear him when a co-worker of mine says "here, borrow this Tom Waits CD from me!" But I like him a lot.

I mean, he's Tommy the Cat for fuck's sake! :kickass:

Yah, his music is very theatrical. It's almost like watching a play, A REALLY FUCKING GOOD ONE! Oh, and Blood Money is just the bomb.

I'll list some excellent ones:

Rain Dogs
Swordfish Trombones
Bone Machine
Blood Money
Alice
Small Change
Closing Time

haven't hear much else other than that, but yeah, the best thing is they are all extremely cheap =) NAD you're gonna love these.

Small Change I know I've heard, I dig it. Also whatever album that one song where he goes "zabbaziggyzibbozabba" a bunch of times. Actually I do'nt think that narrows it down much. :Spin:

I've really been getting into Waits recently, his latest album is absolutely fantastic. He's up there with Dylan and the like if you ask me...