toneport clips bad..;

viggen666

Sep 20, 2007
ok, since i've lent my mackie onyx sattellite to a friend, i'm trying to record dry guitar tracks with my line6 toneport, this should work perfertly, since the damn thing is designed to record guitars...

set everything up in cubase, and notice that my clean signal clips really hard, with both my guitars, pickups are a duncan SH-15 alternative 8, and a gibson 500T, so nothing extraordinary, just pretty normal high output passives.

so this means the toneport is always adding some nasty digital clipping to the sound ?

Why didn't they give this thing more headroom, looks like a major design failure to me.

Would the pod X3 be just as bad as the toneport on this matter, since that thing has no pot for the input gain either ?

doesn't work, i use the sent before the amp sims, there is a volume button that controls how much of the signal i'm senting to cubase, if i turned that down the signal gets quiter, but the clipping is still there, my guess is that it clips at the input of the toneport.

I'm using a direct box to the mic input now, at least the mic input has a mic gain control.