TONIGHT at the Coolidge Corner Theater!

I just got really excited when I saw Greg inviting me out for a midnight movie at the Coolidge and clicked on the thread thinking, "Could it be 2001: A Space Odyssey? Or perhaps Pee-Wee's Big Adventure! Or maybe a Kieslowski film!"

and then THIS.

sunglasses.JPG

i just want to say that this was one of the coolest things i have ever seen.

we showed up at around 11:55 and there were already probably 200 people in line and the end of the line was around the back of the theater and down to the end of the parking lot by the time we were able to get in line.

plus the show was FREE.

there were dorks, and gay men, and lesbians, and people dressed in zombie costumes, and metal people, and also very normal looking people all gathered for this event.

in addition to the musical episode they also showed the episode Hush and it was really friggin amazing to see these episodes on the big screen!

and after it was over i felt a lot less like a dork then when i first imagined what this might be like.

the demand also exceeded what the Coolidge was expecting and they ran out of the goodie bags they made up so the guy promised to do this again and make sure they are prepared for so many people next time!

since i was having a really shitty night this made my day so much better.

ps. alex doesn't know what he is missing.

no really i bet i would like Buffy stuff if i had time to get into it/catch up on back episodes. i don't think it's lame or anything. i just think it would be kind of uninteresting to go to this if you don't know anything about Buffy.

free!?! damn i woulda gone greg. ps- where were you last night? no call, no show?