Tonight!

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
There are a lot of records I own that make me think, "Wish I could've..." You know....how cool would it have been to see the Led Zeppelin III tour?.....or maybe to have seen Iron Maiden/Number of the Beast tour with some of the bands they toured with in that era (both Judas Priest/Screaming for Vengeance and Scorpions/Blackout era crossed NOTB tour....and they did some dates together).......I was just a little too young to go to these tours, and lived miles from the cities they hit anyway.

I've seen my share though: Nine Inch Nails/A Perfect Circle.......Black Sabbath/Marilyn Manson (OK, that was Ozzfest, but you get it...)
...and now there's tonight. Opeth on the Damnation tour with Porcupine Tree on the In Absentia tour. Say what you will about Damnation (if you don't like it that is), nobody does this kind of thing. A band that just made a completely acoustic record doing an acoustic tour. Not only that, how many times have you wished that a band would have played all of one entire album in a show, be it the new album or some past album. Well, Opeth is doing that......People say bands never do things like this anymore, but they do. Opeth does.

Tonight's the night. Opeth touring with a band that really influenced them. This is the kind of show you look back on and say, "I was there for that." Opeth may get huge someday (probably not, I realize this), but if they do, people will wish they could have been there for the Blackwater Park tour, or the Deliverence tour, or this, the almighty Damnation tour. Well, like I said, tonights the night. I don't usually hold my used up ticket stubs with pride (I hate that kind of shit), but in advance of the show tonight, at the historic Fillmore theater I might add (Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Greatful Dead, and every cool band since), I would like to say, I WAS THERE!!!!!

Can't wait, obviously.