Too tight guitars?

the second version is spot on! sounds great.
really liking this mix too :D
quite an unconventional and percussive guitar tone, mega thuddy kick, very round, almost beach ball sounding snare. all comes together to be a really nice whole, so yeah, mega props for this mix too.

What did you use for the rhythm guitars?

I prefer to think of editing guitars more as "cleaning" them up. I don't like when every single note has been chopped up and quantized, it's just not what a guitar played by a human sounds like. Instead, it's much nicer to just clean up the start/end of each chug-segment as already mentioned above, and quantize only the really necessary parts - but those should be retracked anyway if they're really really off.

the second version is spot on! sounds great.
really liking this mix too :D
quite an unconventional and percussive guitar tone, mega thuddy kick, very round, almost beach ball sounding snare. all comes together to be a really nice whole, so yeah, mega props for this mix too.

What did you use for the rhythm guitars?

Thanks, really appreciated. :)

The rhythm guitars are TSS+Solo C+Framus 4x12 V3 Impulse, Compressor and Hi/Lo-Pass. ;)

@Erkan:

Yeah, I didn't edit it because of a bad performance...I see this extreme editing rather as some kind of effect. I know it sounds robot-like if done too extreme, but sometimes I think it works as an effect (depending on the music/riff/rest of the mix).

I will go with less extreme editing here though!

Thanks for the feedback. :)