TOOL in Melb!!!

Maiden Australia

The Ultimate TOOL!
Apr 13, 2001
Shitsville...apparently
Hello all

Did anyone see TOOL in Melb?

If so did they have the video screen's with them and also did they have any Lateralus merch for sale or was it all older design's.

AND....did you have a blast at the gig.

Cheers,
Matt

I am going to Tool in Sydney on wednesday.
Apparetnly they have big screens and have an intermission during which the Schism clip is shown......
Thats what I read on the tool website.

UNLESS........ They didnt bother bringing the big screen cause only 3 dates in Oz

Utopia have Lateralus T-Shirts, so I guess there will be new shirts sold at the gigs

Hi Spruce

Well the video I have from NYC from a couple of months ago has the full set (which is amazing), so I was hoping they would have it here.

I am also going on Wednesday AND Thursday (different sets...woohooo) and as far as merch goes did you see what Utopia had because I already received some Lateralus stuff from Giant, Tool's merch company in the USA.

See you at the gig.

Cheerts,
Matt

Check out

toolshed.down.net/

They have reviews up from Melbourne and Auckland, and it is the full stage show .
Also mentions Merch and the setlist!
Just click on tour, and then read a review from whatever show ya want

Matt, I may be catching Tool in Seattle on August 7 or 8 I think, just before I return to Melbourne. If so I'll let you know what the show was like.
I have to say Lateralus has blown me away both as a listener and musician. The drummer is a maniac, his playing is awesome and the rest of the band ain't half bad either. I love the fact Tool write and play whatever the hell they want and they just don't give a toss about what anyone else is doing, something I certainly aspire to as a musician.
I remember seeing Tool for the first time in 1993, last time I was here in Vancouver. They played a side stage at Lollapalooza and there were only 150 people or so watching. They certainly impressed the hell out of me and I remember thinking they were definitely going places.... if memory serves me correctly they had only just released Undertow in the US.
Hopefully I will be able to make the trip to Seattle and fill you in.

Hi James

Just got back from the second Sydney show and must say that words cannot describe the 2 shows I have seen over the last 2 nights.

Tool are certainly one of the most unique and in telligent bands out there at the moment (and have been sine '92)

I hope the rest of your trip is fun and please let me know if you get to Seattle as I would love to get some Tool USA tour shirts and would be happy to send some money across to you.

Take care...

Cheers,
Matt

Just got home from seeing the Extreme Steel Tour with Pantera, Slayer, Static X and Skrape, held at an ice hockey arena in Vancouver. Straight after the gig it was a race into downtown to see Fear Factory at another venue which was unbelievably half full! You could virtually walk straight up to the front row! Both were great shows but Phil Anselmo talks too much. They could play at least one more song if he cut down his bullshit stage speeches.
Fear Factory rocked the smaller venue. They have to be one of the most under rated metal bands ever. I feel sorry for those guys cause they are a brilliant band and they deserve to be playing bigger venues and selling more units.
Matt I will let you know via email if I am going to Seattle. If so we can sort something out in regard to tour shirts. I can use my Commonwealth card in ATMs here so transferring cash is easy.

Slayer were pretty full on. To be honest I've never been a huge fan but they played a few songs I recognised and didn't mind - Seasons in the Abyss (minus the extended intro), Angel of Death, Dead Skin Mask, plus other songs I have heard but don't know by title. There were a lot of Slayer fans there though, the floor went nuts! Their stage setup was very basic, just the stacks of Marshall cabinets and that was about it. They were pretty good though, very tight.

Thanks PIV, they are touring here soon, i just wanted to see what they were like, ive only seen the live intrusion vid of theirs, they dont waste much time talking between songs, or with pyrotechnics, ill give them that much :)

Whats wrong with pyrotechnics? :) I LOVE pyrotechnics hahaha!

James, they don't play the long intro to Seasons live? NOOO! That's the best part!!!