Toontrack Metal Machine (new EZX)

EZ drummer is aimed at quick song writing and a mix which is good out the box, hence the price and the basic options. Superior is a different beast once you get into it.

this is maybe retarded to ask since metal machine is kinda your baby, but still: you'd stick to superior when it comes to actually mixing and only use metal machine if you need a quick and good sound out of the box?

In what ways? I've never used an EZX. How is running it in Superior better? Wouldn't you still be limited to the same samples (whatever options you had in EzDrummer)?

EZ Drummer doesn't have a whole lot going for it as a plugin. It basically does the job.

Superior will run the same library, but give you more outputs, you can run the Sonalksis stuff if you want and you can add other drums and cymbals as needed and map them however you like. You can also stack drums in superior.

Basically Superior as a plugin can do way more than EZ drummer as a plugin can.

But your right in that the samples are the same, they load up different. You just get to fuck with them more is all in superior and rout them how you please.

this is maybe retarded to ask since metal machine is kinda your baby, but still: you'd stick to superior when it comes to actually mixing and only use metal machine if you need a quick and good sound out of the box?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about choosing between S2.0 and EZDrummer as EZX loaders.

In both of them you can load an EZX. But S2.0 being more complex it's more suited to actual production, whereas EZDrummer simplicity and weight will suit more mainstream or writing/preprod/demo needs.

ive been using ez drummer for demos since I've had these sounds. Before I was using superior but just for ease of use I really like ezdrummer with these samples. I'll just throw it on a stereo track and be done. I'd still use a drummer for full production obviously.

yep, and this obviousness makes me look even more retarded, thanks for that! :) But for us guys who can't record a real drummer for every project and depend on samplers... what would you go for? it kinda sounds like there's not much do when it comes to processing and stuff.

Idk, if it's the bass, it'd be a really really strange clicking.. you're bass should sound like ass solo'ed :D