Top 10 Choruses of all time.....

I have all of Sonata's studio albums, but I've never heard of this song...

And speaking of Sonata, I have to give this shameless plug - in October 2006 (pre-shoulder tattoos), I played a show with an on-campus cover band I was in (for a class called Rock Combo, if you can believe it), and we covered "The Cage" - the big girl was our main singer, and she was actually good (though a total drama queen bitch), but she got the little girl to do guest vox, and yes, I know, she's horrible.

BUT - I'm very proud of my versions of the opening KEYBOARD solo (oy...) and the solo at 3:57, so those are the parts worth watching :heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbrcKCJBx28

Well, you played it well at least. Check out the youtube comment by KittyFang: "Who is that awesome guitarist with the red Ibanez?" hehe

What's with the Behemoth tee? You're playing tha POWAAAR METUHL so you needed a Blind Guardian shirt, ok?

Bloodbath - Eaten
Machine Head - From This Day
Children of Bodom - Children of Decadence
Opeth - Still Day Beneath The Sun
In Flames - System
Soilwork - Exile
Fear Factory - Replica
At The Gates - Nausea
Chimaira - The Impossibility of Reason
Scar Symmetry - The Illusionist (kinda both of them, I guess!)

Everyone has listed lots of great metal choruses, so thinking slightly outside the box...

DURAN DURAN - Ordinary World

FILTER - Where Do We Go From Here

PINK FLOYD - Comfortably Numb

SKID ROW - The Threat

DEVIN TOWNSEND - Life

Dude, seriously? o_O To quote myself from earlier in this thread:

Metaltastic said:
Honestly my biggest problem with "Holographic Universe" as an album in general is that IMO almost all the songs have awesome songs but surprisingly (and jarringly) uninspiring choruses, with the exception of "Morphogenesis," "Ghost Prototype I," (good call Jhakwe) and the title track.

And "Missing Coordinates" is the one I dislike the most! Those falsettos and his note choice, not to mention the harmonies, eek, too weird. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion!

Ah fair enough man, personally I love that chorus; I can really hear a lot of feeling and emotion put into the vocals. I kinda see what you mean though in a few other songs.
My favourite parts of that album are the awesome vocal melodies in the bridge/middle-8 sections, particularly on the title track. It's such a shame they've parted ways with Christian...

What's with the Behemoth tee? You're playing tha POWAAAR METUHL

Hahahaha, all the more reason I've gotta fly the flag and show my love for the extreme side, lest I be perceived as some D&D-playing weenie who whines when he "can't understand the lyrics man!" :Smug: :lol:

Ah fair enough man, personally I love that chorus; I can really hear a lot of feeling and emotion put into the vocals. I kinda see what you mean though in a few other songs.
My favourite parts of that album are the awesome vocal melodies in the bridge/middle-8 sections, particularly on the title track. It's such a shame they've parted ways with Christian...

You know, it's funny - I feel all of the songs have a great vocal moment somewhere, but unfortunately IMO in so few of them is it the chorus! :erk: Like Fear Catalyst for example, I love the prechorus ("Fear will be one with the unknown..."), but I absolutely can't stand the chorus ("Accumulate! and find the things you lack..."), it just seems so annoyingly hokey and like "tum tee dee tum dee tee tum" with that guitar line in the background. Hmph, I'm just bitter, because my friend played me Morphogenesis, Ghost Prototype I, Trapezoid, and Holographic Universe in the car, and I was like "holy shit, this band is amazing and these are the greatest choruses ever, I can't wait to get this album and hear more of 'em!", only to find out that there were no more to be found :mad:

Great call Meisterjager --> Bloodbath, EATEN!!!!!!

That's a top 10 for sure!

edit: just remembered Prong, snap your fingers. No question that's #1. No question.

That definitely doesn't beat out Eaten, man! That's the sickest chorus line, EVER! :lol:

I really wanted to add in Warrant - Cherry Pie, too. Either way, it still deserves a mention!