Top 10 Choruses of all time.....

AC/DC- For Those About to Rock
Metallica- Frayed Ends of Sanity
DethKlok- The Lost Vikings
Satyricon- K.I.N.G (cuz I can't get it out of my head today)
Yngwie Malmsteen- I am a Viking
Tori Amos- Spark
Iron Maiden- Fear of the Dark
Flotsam and Jetsam- Forget About Heaven
Judas Priest- Painkiller
Lamb of God- Beating on Death's Door

Ensiferum - Into Battle
Evergrey - A Touch of Blessing
Evergrey - The Masterplan
Evergrey - Recreation Day
Kamelot - Karma
Kamelot - Abandoned
Kamelot - March of Mephisto
Stratovarius - Black Diamond
Stratovarius - Father Time
Nevermore - Sentient 6
Nevermore - Who Decides
Emperor - I am the Black Wizards

...there's many others, but that's enough for now.

just some of my faves..

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
In Flames - Embody the Invisible
HIM - Buried Alive by Love
Placebo - Sleeping with Ghosts
Mew - Snow Brigade
Katatonia - In the White
The 69 Eyes - Brandon Lee
Tool - Stinkfist
16 Horsepower - Splinters
Turbonegro - Rendezvous With Anus

NICE. Excellent call, one of the late growers on me on that album (probably because of how late it is in the track list), and now one of my favs.

yeah dude, I've never heard a track that sounds so desperate and sinister, yet catchy at the same time :p Definitely my fave from TGCD.

hmm some random ones i think are very crafty

the police - synchronicity II
dream theater - innocence faded
killswitch engage - just barely breathing
pantera - psycho holiday
soundgarden - blow up the outside world
the beatles - here there and everywhere/ free as a bird/ blackbird (especially blackbird)
a perfect circle - blue
deftones - passenger
tool - right in two
metallica - wherever i may roam
the mamas and the papas - creeque alley
simon & garfunkel - bridge over troubled water
rolling stones - gimmie shelter
o'jays - for the love of money
van halen - dirty movies/ running with the devil
guns n roses - estranged/ bad apples
micheal jackson - billie jean

that's all i can think of now. a few popular ones but other ones that are more personal favorites and "dark horses" for me.

on edit: basically every beatles song. it's still virtually impossible to imagine, just like the concept of infinity for a human, the level of songwriting the beatles achieved. that level of artistic integrity and dominance over their respective "art world" will never be achieved by any other artist nor has it been even close by anyone except the beatles.

Ahahahahaha, I can't believe you picked "Innocence Faded" Aramism, I've always hated that chorus because of how oppressively happy it sounds, it's infuriating :lol: Really, it's the instrumental break in like the last two minutes that make that song for me, good god...

And Morgoe, Caleb is indeed a great song, but I challenge you to find a chorus in it :D Definitely not typical song structure there, and it's a pity...

Ahahahahaha, I can't believe you picked "Innocence Faded" Aramism, I've always hated that chorus because of how oppressively happy it sounds, it's infuriating :lol: Really, it's the instrumental break in like the last two minutes that make that song for me, good god...

And Morgoe, Caleb is indeed a great song, but I challenge you to find a chorus in it :D Definitely not typical song structure there, and it's a pity...

i like happy choruses lol sorry. as i've said before the last DT album sucked because they lost their "happy 80's chorus" feel for songwriting. the playing is there, but the songwriting is not.

Oh I DESPISE anything Dream Theater has done from ToT onwards, and I love happy choruses, there was just always something about "Innocence Faded" that grated me (probably the "ahhhhhhh's" in the background :lol: ). Now "Strange Deja Vu," THAT'S a great chorus IMO!

Oh I DESPISE anything Dream Theater has done from ToT onwards, and I love happy choruses, there was just always something about "Innocence Faded" that grated me (probably the "ahhhhhhh's" in the background :lol: ). Now "Strange Deja Vu," THAT'S a great chorus IMO!

lol the ahhhhhs is what does it for me. talk about polar opposite stance on an issue. the exact thing i love about that is what you despise. but hey, that's what makes it fun...

Oooh, gotta add another one - "Waking Every God" by Pain of Salvation, my favorite chorus from one of my all-time favorite bands.

Scar Symmetry - The Missing Coordinates
Raunchy - The Bash
Chimaira - Down Again
Soilwork - Rejection Role
Broken Iris - A New Hope
All That Remains - This Calling
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Still Remains - In Place of Hope
Scar Symmetry - Ghost Prototype I (every SS song has an amazing chorus tbh..)
American Head Charge - Just So You Know

Scar Symmetry - The Missing Coordinates

Dude, seriously? o_O To quote myself from earlier in this thread:

Honestly my biggest problem with "Holographic Universe" as an album in general is that IMO almost all the songs have awesome songs but surprisingly (and jarringly) uninspiring choruses, with the exception of "Morphogenesis," "Ghost Prototype I," (good call Jhakwe) and the title track.

And "Missing Coordinates" is the one I dislike the most! Those falsettos and his note choice, not to mention the harmonies, eek, too weird. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion!

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Iron Maiden - Aces high
Whitsnake - Here I Go Again
Kansas - Carry on Wayward son
Iced Earth - Watching over me
Iced Earth - Melancholy

A lot of other stuff, hehe can´t recall atm