Top 10 for 2006

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I know that is is only October, but i thought okay maybe it is time to see what is on everyone's Top Ten List so far for this year. Mine are, and in no particular order except #1 for me.

1. PYRAMAZE - Legend of the Bone Carver
2. MERCENARY - The Hours That Remain
3. Mindflow - Mind Over Body
4. BROTHER FIRETRIBE - False Metal
5. ClOUDSCAPE - Crimson Skies
6. POISON BLACK - Lust Stained Despair
7. NIGHTWISH - End of an ERA
8 TAROT - Crows Fly Black
9. SCAR SYMMETRY - Pitch Black Progress
10. SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - Mental Torments

These are my favorite for 2006 i would like to see what everyone else has on their list.

Pyramaze51 said:
i would like to see what everyone else has on their list.
I'll post my list in early January or February (if there are releases that require a number of spins to absorb). Not only am I curious to see what else is released this year, but I also want to see how well the CDs I'm digging at this moment stand up as time passes.

Zod

longshot9 said:
If the entire cd was as good as the first 3 tracks I would.

It is definitely their weakest album, but it has grown on me.
I just wonder if their rise in popularity will prevent some from even remembering this album.

General Zod said:
I'll post my list in early January or February (if there are releases that require a number of spins to absorb). Not only am I curious to see what else is released this year, but I also want to see how well the CDs I'm digging at this moment stand up as time passes.

Zod

Ditto, although I have a feeling that the new Angra will make it in the top of my ten. :headbang:

Pyramaze51 said:
I know that is is only October, but i thought okay maybe it is time to see what is on everyone's Top Ten List so far for this year. Mine are, and in no particular order except #1 for me.

1. PYRAMAZE - Legend of the Bone Carver
2. MERCENARY - The Hours That Remain
3. Mindflow - Mind Over Body
4. BROTHER FIRETRIBE - False Metal
5. ClOUDSCAPE - Crimson Skies
6. POISON BLACK - Lust Stained Despair
7. NIGHTWISH - End of an ERA
9. SCAR SYMMETRY - Pitch Black Progress
10. SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE - Mental Torments

These are my favorite for 2006 i would like to see what everyone else has on their list.
I'm going to wait a bit on my list as well, but I would expect Mercenary, and Scar Symmetrey to make my top 15. A couple of those other ones could sneak onto the list as well. I do think it's a safe bet that Vanden Plas - Christ 0 will be my #1 disc of the year.

Britt

I'm not sure yet about everything, but I see Mercenary, Pyramaze, and The Devin Townsend Band on my list somewhere...

I'll also wait until 2006 is over. There are several yet unreleased that I'm anticipating.

As of right now, my list would look something like:

1. Agalloch - Ashes Against The Grain
2. Communic - Waves of Visual Decay
3. Mercenary - The Hours That Remain
4. Manticora - The Black Circus Part 1 - Letters
5. Into Eternity - The Scattering Of Ashes
6. Persuader - When Eden Burns
7. Wastefall - Self-Exile
8. Rage - Speak Of The Dead
9. Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth

However, the year isn't quite over yet and I fully expect Tyr's new album and perhaps Angra to end up altering that list and bumping at least one release off. All in all, I think it's been a great year so far in terms of releases. :headbang:

Pyramaze51 said:

This is one I am eagerly anticipating. Is it available? If not, have you heard the CD? If so, share your thoughts on it...

I'll admit I like Dragonforce. Fun band to see live. But they only have 1 really good song which they've managed to make into several half decent songs. I just can't make it through an entire CD. Everything sounds way too much the same.
I would have to put Distorted - Memorial & White Willow - Signal to Noise on my list. I really haven't picked up a lot of new CDs from this year. Mostly purchasing stuff from back catalogs that I was missing.

I'm horrible at remembering if a cd came out this year or that, so forgive me if some of these were late 2005 releases......
So far my favorites so far are:
Iron Maiden "A Matter of Life and Death"
Blind Guardian "A Twist In the Myth"
Edguy "Rocket Ride"
Helloween "The Legacy" (is that 2005??)

Still looking forward to Hammerfall's "Threshold" and Paul Stanley's solo disc (ok...stop laughing.)

Right now, my list would look something like this:
Motorhead - Kiss of Death
Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion (US release was in 2006)
Iron Maiden - AMOLAD
Pyramaze - Legend of the Bone Carver
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
Luca Turilli - Infinite Wonders of Creation
Rhapsody - Live in Canada (The SOEL II tracks sound much better live)
Edguy - Rocket Ride

I still have to hear the new Rhapsody of Fire, Wolf, Dionysus, HammerFall, etc.