Top 10 most underrated albums - 80-90 era

troopsofdoom said:
I cant believe someone would say load and reload they were way over rated and were closer to rock albums. Oh and the black album was very average just listen to through the never da da neer da da neer da da neer over and over.

The fact that they were more or less Rock and Roll albums IS why they are underated as Rock Albums they are Fantastic

tedvanfrehley said:
I love these kinda threads...lemme dig out a few of my personal favorites that are guaranteed to make your bladder rattle and your nipples hard!!!!!!!! (mine at least!)

VAN HALEN - Women and Children First - I don't think many people give this one a chance. There are SOOOOOO many great hard rock songs that don't get radio play on this one. Take Your Whiskey Home, Romeo Delight, Fools, Loss of Control , these are songs that even some fans of Dave era don't know because all the radio plays is Ain't Talkin' Bout Love and Runnin' With the Devil. I BEG OF YOU MY FELLOW OLDSCHOOLERS, if you haven't checked this out or dusted it off in a while do your Uncle Ted a favor and give it a spin! Your boner will thank you for it!

WaCF is my favorite VH release. In fact, "Romeo Delight" might be my favorite VH song though it's hard to pick a favorite. Either way, it's a great release.

Bryant

Bryant said:
WaCF is my favorite VH release. In fact, "Romeo Delight" might be my favorite VH song though it's hard to pick a favorite. Either way, it's a great release.

Bryant

100% agreement here! :headbang:

tedvanfrehley said:
Bryant and Hawk...I knew I loved you boys!

Bryant - ps..your new pic looks like you've taken my advice and dug out the KISS albums too! hahaha

Just so you know, I heard Van Halen for the first time on the Dutch radio in the summer of 1977. I was hooked the moment I heard them.

And yes "Woman and Children First" is my favorite, by far! What they did on that album is really special. In the summer of 1980 I blew up my speakers while playing WaCF! I saw them that year on the Dutch Pink Pop festival.

Nothing beats the feeling of playing Van Halen very LOUD on a summers day in the car!

Have you seen juniors grades? :err:

Wyvern said:
You feel them underrated? Except for "Jugulator" which depending on where you're standing was a fresh idea/bad idea. The rest are very much good albums not really underrated IMO.

Deep Purple has a lot of good material since 1984, but most people still look only to the Mk.II 70's, still I don't think you can call this material underrated, maybe underviewed.

Don't mind me I'm probably not making sense tonight.:loco:

I do think those albums are underrated.
Anthrax-State Of Euphoria-Often regarded as the weakest album in the Belladonna era. I disagree. It deserves WAY more credit than that. Underrated.
Judas Priest-Jugulator- Might be a bit more liked than Demolition, but very few give this album the props I think it deserves. Underrated.
Deep Purple-House Of Blue Light-Overshadowed by Perfect Strangers, and the more "commercial" sound wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms. I've read reviews where they've flat hated this gem. I even favor it over Perfect Strangers. Underrated.
Megadeth-Youthanaisia- They get slower, more accessible and more polished in this one. This isn't really seen as a bad album, but even that is giving it too little credit. I absolutely love this album. Underrated.

And i see no difference between "underrated" and "underviewed", it's all the same to me.

And excuse me if i sound a bit grouchy, i'm sick. :cry:

tedvanfrehley said:
You, sir, are the greatest man alive. THAT's what I'm talking about...and I defy anyone to find that same feeling in a Sammy era VH song!

:D :wave:

Wicked Child said:

What do you have Wicked one? Flue? I hope you are alright.

Wicked Child said:
Anthrax-State Of Euphoria-Often regarded as the weakest album in the Belladonna era. I disagree. It deserves WAY more credit than that. Underrated.
Judas Priest-Jugulator- Might be a bit more liked than Demolition, but very few give this album the props I think it deserves. Underrated.
Deep Purple-House Of Blue Light-Overshadowed by Perfect Strangers, and the more "commercial" sound wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms. I've read reviews where they've flat hated this gem. I even favor it over Perfect Strangers. Underrated.
Megadeth-Youthanaisia- They get slower, more accessible and more polished in this one. This isn't really seen as a bad album, but even that is giving it too little credit. I absolutely love this album. Underrated.

And i see no difference between "underrated" and "underviewed", it's all the same to me.

"State Of Euphoria" is the best Anthrax album IMO.

"House Of Blue Light" is the best Deep Purple album since MK.II got together in 1984 (sceond is PF and then "Bananas").

So I cannot undedtand how somebody (not you WC) can consider them underrated, underviewed, underage (I'm sounding like Hammerfall here :lol: )

I hope you get better Sick, err Nick, err Wick :p ;)

Wicked Child said:

As Wyv stated above, I too think it's the best Anthrax album.
In every single aspect, the sound, the songwriting, whatever!
13 is one of the funniest songs I've heard... :)