Top 4 threads

The place has been generally lame as hell for a long time now. Three months ago the top 20 threads were all list/game garbage and there was no chat whatsoever. Looks like a few decent people have joined up and started posting more than one word at a time, so maybe the forum is coming back around. *crosses fingers*

At least most of the list/game threads are in a sub-forum now (although I would have slapped the lock on almost all of them until people decided to come here for reasons other than inflating their postcount).

i actually had another account (which i forgot the name of) and i never posted because all the topics were games and what not... heh. i post on another forum that went through the game/list phase, but everyone seemingly mutually realized that it was worse than watching primetime television.

Same thing happened here. Damn games ran everyone off to other forums. So now when new folks come by the place looks dead and they just move on. Used to be an awesome forum "back in the day".

i love the sub forums, and i love metal, so i will give this place a healthy chance. i like it already... much better than the lambgoat board.

I don't like the sub-forum threads. There's nothing to them. There's not much novelty in browsing 100 pages of one word at a time. There's nothing to read or discuss. You just go through each thread, make one post associated with the last post, and leave... I don't understand the purpose other than racking up hundreds of posts as fast as you can, which is entirely useless.

BasilisK said:
I don't like the sub-forum threads. There's nothing to them. There's not much novelty in browsing 100 pages of one word at a time. There's nothing to read or discuss. You just go through each thread, make one post associated with the last post, and leave... I don't understand the purpose other than racking up hundreds of posts as fast as you can, which is entirely useless.
Agreed, I used to be like that (had a post count of about 40 a day) but now I'm all maturized (is that a word?). Discussing properly is way more fun.

i like the off-topic sub-forums as it allows for the good discussions which may incorporate all sorts of different, um, topics... but yes the trash is much more prevalent; though, amidst all the trash there seems to be the gold every once in a while which makes it all worth it. i suppose that's any topical area of a forum, however, as there will be much dribble and then a few good threads here and there.

Well I run 2 forums myself so I know how difficult it is to keep the posts valuable to the thread but it mostly depends on the members that post, if you a few ppl that are really interested but like 100 who just post 2 words in one post then you're forum will go to hell, I've seen it happen before and it will happen again (hopefully not with my forum) there's nothing you can really do about it as an admin or mod. You need members to keep existing. You'll just have to be patient and encourage your members to post something more of value to the topic and hopefully these members will grow to post more relevant comments.