daniel corchado
tom g. warrior
bruce dickinson
sean killian
james rivera
tim baker
ozzy
james hetfield

This one surprises me. Most people that like Death (like myself) don't generally consider Chuck's voice a strength.

im surprised that surprised you tbh. Hes one of the greatest death metal vocalists ever. The stuff on his early album are fucking untouchable and one of a kind. And most people who really like Death(like myself) will tell you the same thing.

And regardless, i said FAVORITE. Are you less surprised that i said Dave Mustaine is one of my fav vocalists ever?

im surprised that surprised you tbh. Hes one of the greatest death metal vocalists ever. The stuff on his early album are fucking untouchable and one of a kind. And most people who really like Death(like myself) will tell you the same thing.

And regardless, i said FAVORITE. Are you less surprised that i said Dave Mustaine is one of my fav vocalists ever?

Well I agree that his early albums have great synchrony between the vocals and the music, I just don't rate his vocals high. I don't hate them. I like his later stuff more than most Death fans because I don't care one way or the other. I know I'm in the minority in hating Mustaine's voice so not really.

Well I agree that his early albums have great synchrony between the vocals and the music, I just don't rate his vocals high. I don't hate them. I like his later stuff more than most Death fans because I don't care one way or the other. I know I'm in the minority in hating Mustaine's voice so not really.
definitely not in the minority dude, most people dislike Mustaines vox. I also enjoy everything from Death, but i'm not going to lie his vocals were my least favorite part of their music on their last 2 two albums, both of which still consider top notch btw.

Well I've been given enough shit on this board (including by Ozz) about my Mustaine vox hate that I figured I was in the minority. Plus Megadeth is pretty damn popular and I can't even make it past his vocals to enjoy the admittedly great riffage, so I'm on the extreme end.

I'll trow in a vote for Mike Patton. Not a metal vocalist per se, but the metal stuff he has done in the past is just as amazing as everything else he's done.

definitely not in the minority dude, most people dislike Mustaines vox. I also enjoy everything from Death, but i'm not going to lie his vocals were my least favorite part of their music on their last 2 two albums, both of which still consider top notch btw.
Chuck's vox on TSOP turned me off that album initially.

Yeah I've got vocalists from rock I would put higher than some of my top 5 but it's not a "rock and metal" board. Chris Cornell being first and foremost.

Reactions: jimmy101
Well I've been given enough shit on this board (including by Ozz) about my Mustaine vox hate that I figured I was in the minority. Plus Megadeth is pretty damn popular and I can't even make it past his vocals to enjoy the admittedly great riffage, so I'm on the extreme end.
i always get shit for saying hes a good vocalists, have got into page long arguments on here with literally everyone else bombarding me. I remember when some people actually were implying that Megadeth would have been a better band with another vocalist, literally one of the dumbest things i've heard anyone imply ... like as if his vox aren't a part of the bands signature sound. Have you tried any of their newer stuff?

Yeah I've got vocalists from rock I would put higher than some of my top 5 but it's not a "rock and metal" board. Chris Cornell being first and foremost.
Layne Staley would be right up there for mine. Jim Morrison too.

Reactions: Dak