Top 5 worst Saxon songs.

MatRattz

Jun 9, 2003
Somewhereville
Visit site
Pissed again but I thought it would be interesting.

Being honest, and whilst everything in the Saxon garden has been rosy for the last few years, what album songs should never have seen the light of day?

I'm going for in no particular order:

1) Empty promises
2) You aint no angel
3) Running Hot (Was going to go for Everybody Up... but had to listen to how bad they were)
4) Walking Through Tokyo
5) Piss Off

Difficult and strange question my friend...

Difficult because songs i do not like are often easily forgotten, Strange because some of the songs you named i quite like!

Anyway il have a go and say this:

There are a few tunes off "Rock the Nations" and "Forever Free" that i dont like and im sure combined it would be more than 5 lol

....And yeah! im quite pissed myself!!

Walking through Tokio was the first one to pop up in my mind.
Sailing to America
Bad Boys
S.O.S.
Just wanna make love to you

saxon747rock said:
1, walking through tokyo

2, northern lady

3, flying on the edge

4, cloud nine

5, shout it out
Party till you puke :puke:
piss off
embarassing titles, awful songs,probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

Crusader747 - have to disagree on 'Sailing To America'. That track was never my favourite for a long, long time (in fact, it was a skip track!), and then it suddenly kicked in. For some reason, I absolutely love it now! I just think it is a little different because it is not a typical Saxon song. But the actual musicianship is stunning!

OK - tough subject this:

'Walking Through Tokyo' - instantly came to mind. A major blip on a truly great album!

'Party 'till You Puke' - but I can kind of forgive Saxon on this track. The song was obviously only done for a laugh and was probably not even written - it was just done in the studio within 5 minutes! Material was sparse for the 'Nations' album so the song got on there! The unforgivable element is having Elton John on there trying to be funny and getting down with the Rockere. Stick to the piano, Dwight, you Weird Dweeb!

'Song For Emma' - Sorry, but it took some time for me to see/hear the best things about 'Destiny' and this ain't one of them!

'We Are Strong' - OK. But this is Weak!

'Grind' - although it has its critics (Paxo!!), I've always been fond of 'Forever Free'. But I never seem to listen to the last couple of tracks and 'Grind' is one of 'em! It gives me awful flashbacks of Def Leppard during their 'commercial' phase! Shudder!

nightwar said:
It gives me awful flashbacks of Def Leppard during their 'commercial' phase! Shudder!

LoL - Yeah but there was a time when listening to def leppard was a way of getting into birds with unusual hairstyles (ok...a while ago now!!) and those bastards were selling millions of 'records' back then!! until of course Guns and Roses (a favourite of nightwars!!!!) came along and ruined it for them !!!

Lol

Ignore me im very drunk!!

CRUSADER747 said:
I can't listen to heavy metal 100% of the time, i like a bit of a change now and again, and i love fast music so a bit of hardcore dance / trance is a refreshing change :Spin:

Yeah, to listen to something else is OK. But Trance music etc? Everyone has their own likes and opinions, and it is my opinion that that kind of music is the biggest pile of b******s known to man! I can listen to any kind of music. That is not to say that I like any kind of music, but I can listen to it. But Garage/Trance/House music etc, I don't get it. What is the point of it? It is absolute crap. A total waste of time. I'm sorry, but you should be ashamed of yourself!

LOL!!

To be honest - I don't care what people like. That is their choice. I like some stuff that I know would not be liked by mates and stuff, but I don't care because I am the person enjoying it, you know?

Anyhoo - like our good friend, Valanx: you will now have to excuse me, because I am getting very, very drunk as I type this!

BTW - I've noticed a pattern here: Are all Saxon fans alcoholics or what?