Your Top 5 Of Theocracy Songs

In order of appearence:
"Laying the Demon to Rest":headbang:
"Absolution Day":worship:
"Eagles Wings"
"Ichtus"
"New Jerusalem":zombie: (nobody remember that song...:yell:)

I still need to go through the first album a few more times, because I keep comparing with Mirror of Souls.

Laying the Demon To Rest: This song has helped me get through SOOO MUCH spiritually. Has helped me kick 2 major addictions. So it gets first prize.

Mirror Of Souls: The biggest masterpiece of Christian metal I've heard yet.

Theocracy: Good anthem for living an ever-seeking Christian life; "progressive Christianity"

Martyr: Love the lyrics and galloping guitars on this. Reminds me a lot of Kamelot, another one of my favorite bands.

Moutain

let´s make a countdown on May 27th

So Far: 19 song, the top 5 will be:

1 with 11 votes: Laying the demon to rest
2 with 10 votes: Mirror of Souls
3 with 09 votes: Theocracy
4 with 07 votes: Absolution Day*
5 with 07 votes: Bethlehem*
*for alphabetical order

well what you think?

This was hard, cuz I could listen to the same Theocracy song all day long, over and over again, and still get more out of it every time. But this is an atempt to narrow it down.

1. Mirror Of Souls. It changes. Then it changes. And it changes again. And again. And again...
2. Martyr. The Best, most fun, song to play on guitaqr ever written. YOU ROCK VAL! And you other members rock too!
3. On Eagles Wings. 'You raise my spirit to the sky above to fly away...'
4. The Gregarous Racentour. (That is spelled right, right?)
5. Bethlehem. That is the best way I've ever heard the Christmas story told.

Keep it up, guys. I'm your #1 fan!

This was hard, cuz I could listen to the same Theocracy song all day long, over and over again, and still get more out of it every time. But this is an atempt to narrow it down.

1. Mirror Of Souls. It changes. Then it changes. And it changes again. And again. And again...
2. Martyr. The Best, most fun, song to play on guitaqr ever written. YOU ROCK VAL! And you other members rock too!
3. On Eagles Wings. 'You raise my spirit to the sky above to fly away...'
4. The Gregarous Racentour. (That is spelled right, right?)
5. Bethlehem. That is the best way I've ever heard the Christmas story told.

Keep it up, guys. I'm your #1 fan!

Good List, but just so you know, Val didn't do the guitars on Martyr...or any of the ongs off Mirror of Souls for that matter.

"Raconteur", actually, and good to see another vote for such a great song, but I think it's strictly speaking a "Matt Smith" song, not a Theocracy song (not that it stopped me voting for it!).

:p

I've never heard of that song until now. o_O Not sure how I missed it, but I love it.

1. Absolution Day
2. On Eagles Wings
3. Theocracy
4. Bethlehem
5. The Writing in the Sand (The first song I ever heard from Theocracy and fell in love with them instantly. This song will alway have a special place in my heart. :) )

'twas a pretty tough decision. Rudolf Vs. Frosty came pretty close to making the list, so did Healing Hand, Laying the Demon to Rest, and Mirror of Souls.

1. On Eagles' Wings
2. Absolution Day
3. Mirror of Souls
4. Laying the Demon to Rest
5. Bethlehem

This is tough, given that their Mirror of Souls album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I love every single song on it, and there are few albums I will ever say that about.

Mirror of Souls is my favorite song, period. After that though it's difficult to decide. Very difficult. Here are my current top five (other than #1, it changes from time to time):

1. Mirror of Souls
2. Twist of Fate
3. Absolution Day
4. Theocracy
5. Martyr

This is tough, given that their Mirror of Souls album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I love every single song on it, and there are few albums I will ever say that about.
I like every song on MOS too, as well as the self-titled. One of Theocracy's strong points is definitely it's consistency. :)

Hmm...

My #1 will probably be Martyr, as both its great melodies and lyrics manage to bring tears to my eyes every time I listen to it:saint:
2. Absolution Day
3. A Tower Of Ashes
4. Theocracy
5. Wages Of Sin

It's hard choosing out of such a great selection of songs though...;)