Theocracy YouTube Contest: 30 Pieces of Silver covers

THEOCRACY YOUTUBE CONTEST

The US melodic metal band Theocracy and their label Ulterium Records have announced a contest that will be open until April 1st.

Record a video of yourself when playing or singing the Theocracy track "30 Pieces of Silver" and upload it to YouTube. It's definitely OK to have the original track playing in the video, as long as we can still hear you. Send a link to the video to contest@ulterium-records.com to be included in the contest

The contest will be open until April 1st, and then Theocracy and Ulterium Records will decide two winners, that will receive the following prices;

#1 The winner
- "As The World Bleeds" CD [signed]
- "As The World bleeds" double gatefold vinyl edition [signed]
- A Theocracy t-shirt of your choice
- Contest video posted at the official Theocracy website and facebook

#2 The outsider [the funniest, most creative video/addition]
- "As The World Bleeds" CD [signed]
- A Theocracy t-shirt of your choice

Good luck!

// Theocracy and Ulterium Records

I like the idea, reminds me of the Nevermore contest Matt participated in.
Too bad my voice sounds like trash though:(

>April 1st

I'm not exactly sure whether I should utilise my insanely rare instrumental armpit for this one. I wouldn't want to appear silly...

Might attempt to play bass for this if my ear is good enough to figure it out. *shrug* Of course bass probably won't be noticed compared to the guitar players doing their thing.

>April 1st

I'm not exactly sure whether I should utilise my insanely rare instrumental armpit for this one. I wouldn't want to appear silly...

We can do a duet. I'll beatbox ;).

Actually... this isn't such a bad idea :guh: ;)

Dude, I was already working on adding a more involved keyboard part to that very song! This is perfect. :D

My buddy and I would love to do a treatment for the contest but I confess I am having trouble getting my head around the intricacy of the arrangement. Is there a chart anywhere I could use to keep myself on track? I know I'm probably dreaming but if someone from the band sees this just maybe...

My buddy and I would love to do a treatment for the contest but I confess I am having trouble getting my head around the intricacy of the arrangement. Is there a chart anywhere I could use to keep myself on track? I know I'm probably dreaming but if someone from the band sees this just maybe...

OK, found it courtesy of Yoykex. Thanks and thanks again.
The thread is here.

I've made a few videos over the years and I would love to win a Theocracy t-shirt, but this competition seems totally sacrilegious to me. I just don't think I can bring myself to enter...

I made this thread sticky until the contest has run its course. I will post submissions here in the thread as I come across them (I tend to see them on Facebook posted to Theocracy's Wall before they show up in a YouTube search). Feel free to do the same if you come across them before I do.

MODERATOR WARNING: bear in mind that these people are taking a risk and putting themselves out there by submitting these. While I expect people to give critical commentary, let's remain charitable. I expect that the contest participants will find this thread, so assume they will read your words. Charity is the name of the game here. I will delete comments that get unnecessarily yucky towards our contestants.

The first submission I found was Jake Jones, vocalist for Seven White Roses out of Taylorsville, Kentucky, USA:

Last edited by a moderator:
The second submission I found was Alonso Zø Donoso, vocalist for Unity out of Waterloo, Iowa, USA. Zø notes in his description: "One take. It could use some work but I think that is the beauty of it. This is Rock N' Roll."

Last edited by a moderator: