Theocracy YouTube Contest: 30 Pieces of Silver covers

Thanks! I want to do a Martyr cover, but Guitr4God is wanting to also, so I might not. Or, then again, I might still, cuz I know where he sleeps.....:p :D:D

@Mars, haha! But you have to admit, that would be awesome! :p

My brother (Guitr4God) was recording his video in the room behind me...COMPETITION! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Well you two should cover one song together, it would be awesome! :D But you covered it great, I'm afraid I can't pick that fast, I must practice especially the intro part much more... sad that I have four exam's coming in school too, hope that I have time to practice enough before 1st April.

Thanks! I want to do a Martyr cover, but Guitr4God is wanting to also, so I might not.
Go ahead and do it! All I was saying is that I did one a while back and it never made it to YouTube. Now I can't find it so I was saying I might redo it

Here is my entry. Not really "playing" the song, but my baby's best version of doing so. Designed more for the #2 option of the contest. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my entry. Not really "playing" the song, but my baby's best version of doing so. Designed more for the #2 option of the contest. :)

That is awesome! I especially laughed at the little guitar you put in his crib after he fell asleep! You're never too young to enjoy Theocracy! :)

Phew, we've been working on this since the end of February. I wasn't sure we were going to get done in time. I hope you like it.

I am the singer in the CM cover of 30 pieces of silver. What Ahtune didn't say, was this was the first time that we worked together on a music project in 17 years. The last time was to do a cover of Metallica's "Creeping Death".

I hope that you like it as well. Make sure to turn it up to 11.

We are huge metal fans, just that my folks didn't give me a guitar as a kid, but a piano. Ken (Ahtune) was given a trumpet. Once I got my first Synth we got started writing together.

My current favorites are Theocracy, HB, ReinXeed, Harmony. Back in day I saw Bride, Stryper, Guardian in concert.

Thanks for listening.

CM

P.S. Zo, your vocal entry is very good. I like the XcomputerSX drum entry. I have enjoyed ALL the guitar entries.

This cover is pretty good !
I usually don't like that kind of music at all, but... it sounds really really great !
Great work !!

Here's my keyboard cover! Been working on this for quite a while. I recorded it all in one shot except for a few little patches.

I'm doing a vocal cover, too, if I have time.

Btdubs I'm going to do the solo :DDD I'm doing the video with a split screen so I can do all of the leads and rhythm. I have the rhythm down already and the leads behind the chorus so I'll hopefully get my entry up by Friday but I don't want to rush myself so don't hold me to that lol

Did you put yours up today with something "Major Bruno" and split screen on solo? If so, I thought it was excellent.

CM

No, that's not him, unless he got plastic surgery and grew his hair out in the course of a few weeks. :)

some of these covers are straight knock-out awesome. my favorite is easily Jennifer Grassman's piano re-interpretation, although i also enjoyed a couple of the guitar and drum covers, and also JayArby's keyboards. CM/Ahtune's was pretty neat for a re-interpretation cover, very enjoyable

i regret not having a webcam though, i feel like i could have made a pretty decent vocals cover (probably not a fancy reinterpretation like Jennifer Grassman's or CM/Ahtune's)

definitely for the next youtube contest... i'll be prepared

edit:
here's another pretty cool cover i've found on the youtubes, not mine, but doesn't have a lot of views so i figured i'd share it on the thread.
pretty neat for a re-interpretation cover:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF84NPUzAwA&feature=colike[/ame]

I finished my vocal cover! It's all recorded in one take, no patches. Please check it out! I was actually surprised at how well it came out.