GIGANTOUR, Megadeth, Nevermore, Dream Theater July 24th,
Queensryche- Feb. 19th
Dead Can Dance Sept. 21st
Nevermore / Behemoth Dec. 7th
Children Of Bodom Nov. 27
Queen w/ Paul Rodgers Oct. 22nd
Anthrax Reunion May 22nd
Danzig, Behemoth/ Blackest of the Black tour Oct. 29th

Hell of a year! and wouldn't want it any other way!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

YOU SAW DEAD CAN DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!! I just got the box set for christmas with the Torward The Within DVD in it...so awesome, and that isn't even a very good setlist. Did they play Host of Seraphim, Xavier, Summoning of the Muse, In The Kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings, Sanvean, Song of the Sibyl??? You are so lucky!!!

Progpower VI ... The Bands I went to see Manticora and Symphorce were Incredible!!!!!!! and a Treat to see! and to Meet! and just hanging out with the Gang was Fucking Awsome!!! I love that show!

Into Eternity/Edguy/Hammerfall One of the best shows I have ever been to Both IE and Edguy Kicked Ass! Hammerfall was good but I was to busy Hanging out with Edguy and IE to watch them for long :)

Overkill/Meliah Rage/Candy Striper Death Orgy ... Fucking Classic Overkill show!!! all the bands were in top form and we got to meet Blitz again at the Chinese place cross the parking lot from the club :D

Manowar/Rhapsody ... Finally seeing Manowar was great! Watching kids Mosh to Rhapsody was retarded :lol:

TheWhisper said:
I know...lucky Cali people...piss off.:D
:tickled: I just think it shows to go you that some bands really have a hearty following I know between the two counties we top 20 million in population..but DAMN 22 sold out shows at two venues that are about 60 miles apart. Great job SD!!

dargormudshark said:
YOU SAW DEAD CAN DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!! I just got the box set for christmas with the Torward The Within DVD in it...so awesome, and that isn't even a very good setlist. Did they play Host of Seraphim, Xavier, Summoning of the Muse, In The Kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings, Sanvean, Song of the Sibyl??? You are so lucky!!!

The Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra backed DCD and it was an absolutely amazing show! I may be off on this set list but.....

Nierika
Saffron
Compassion
The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove
The Love That Cannot Be
The Lotus Eaters
Crescent
Minus Sanctus
Saltarello
The Wind That Shakes the Barley
How Fortunate the Man With None
Dreams Made Flesh
I Can See Now
American Dreaming
Sanvean
Rakim
Black Sun
Salems Lot
Yulunga
Severance
Hymn For the Fallen

I had the good fortune to see just about every band that means a lot to me this year - not all metal, but that's fine.

Maiden/Sabbath at Ozzfest were awesome (and free thanks to Kitty)
Mars Volta
Dead Can Dance (three times)
Robert Plant
Bob Dylan (twice)
Slough Feg
Phil Lesh(of the Grateful Dead) featuring Chris Robinson (of Black Crowes)
Sigur Ros
NIN/Queens of the Stoneage

...and several I'm forgetting
Tops were Mars Volta, DCD, and Sigur Ros for sure.

Biggest dissapointment was multiple cancelled Saxon dates and no Nevermore in the Bay Area. Still holding out for that one though. ALSO, Opeth got postponed two days, but put the show on a day I had another important commitment. I've seen them 3 times previous, but was still a shame.

kittybeast said:
my husbands latest craze, he rushed out and got all their releases. Missed their show here :cry:

I swear it, they put on one of the best shows I've ever seen (and heard). Turn him on to the below link, it's a complete streaming concert from this tour. I'm seen them three times (on three different tours) and all were moving beyond words.

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk//tour/2005/20051127.php

I didn't see a whole lot of shows this year but I'll rank the ones I did go to:

Prog Power VI - The load blower for me every year 50% bands, 50% People

Mike Keneally Band - Shank Hall, Milwaukee, WI - Been a long time since I got to see MK w/full band. Killer show.....

Into Eternity/Stratovarius - HoB, Chicago - Always wanted to see them live, and got to see them twice in the span of about 4-5 weeks.

Band I need to see before I die: Freak Kitchen - Maybe this year will be the year for them at Prog Power....

J-Dubya:headbang: :headbang:

I only went to Progpower this year. All the bands that I really want to see are not touring the U.S. I think I might take a little trip to Europe this year to see one of those kick ass fests that they have over there.

Mxgonzo said:
I only went to Progpower this year. All the bands that I really want to see are not touring the U.S. I think I might take a little trip to Europe this year to see one of those kick ass fests that they have over there.

United States UMOS ROADTRIP~~~ Sweden Rock is shaping up to be a great festival:headbang: :headbang:

kittybeast said:
United States UMOS ROADTRIP~~~ Sweden Rock is shaping up to be a great festival:headbang: :headbang:
Between going to New York for the Dream Theater '06 tour finale at Radio City Music Hall, which I've always wanted to see, & Progpower VII...I think I'll be in debt for the next year and a half. On a serious note, I would like to make it over for Sweden Rock some year.

Saw three great concerts in 2005:

Judas Priest with Queensryche / Phoenix - Both bands awesome! Queensryche played a lot of classic stuff.
Rata Blanca / Hermosillo, Mexico - Power Metal band from Argentina.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra / Tucson - A LOT better than I expected and much more rocking than on I though they would be. Their stage show was amazing, one of the best I've ever seen.

ANTHRAX-Zagreb/Croatia
CANDLEMASS,DESTRUCTION-Zagreb/Croatia
JAG PANZER,RUFFIANS&RAISING FEAR-Treviso/Italy
2005 was not a good concert year for me:erk:

kittybeast said:

If we all sported 6 figure salaries, this would be a GREAT idea! :Spin:

I always said, long before Prog Power, that I would have to go to Europe to see the ultimate killer festival type concert, I still want to do it, but it would be hard to choose between Dynamo, Wacken, or Sweden Rock...
Sounds like it might be a better idea to book a summer in Europe:D

J-Dubya - Glad to have our "own" fest here in the US thanks to Glenn...

J-Dubya 777 said:
If we all sported 6 figure salaries, this would be a GREAT idea! :Spin:

J-Dubya - Glad to have our "own" fest here in the US thanks to Glenn...

okay, if/when I win the megamillions it's my treat!:tickled: I second that PP is the best US fest!! First time last year and a regular from now one!

J-Dubya 777 said:
I always said, long before Prog Power, that I would have to go to Europe to see the ultimate killer festival type concert, I still want to do it, but it would be hard to choose between Dynamo, Wacken, or Sweden Rock...
Sounds like it might be a better idea to book a summer in Europe:D
Don't miss Bang Your Head and Gods of Metal fests too! :loco:

Never been to Sweden Rock yet... I'm planning to (someday) :)