Top Ten 2020

I got an unedited copy of what would become Total Abandon: Australia '99 straight off the desk on the night of the concert. For me I don't think I've seen a better concert since that show and I don't even think they were at their best on that show.

Cool!

I bought that one when it came on their fan site.

I saw them (with Lord) on the final leg of the "Purpendicular" tour and they played a song from "Abandon". Killer concert, even without Blackmore I was floored. Some years later I saw them again (with Airey) on the extended tour previous to "Bananas" and they had Joe Satriani as surprise guest star. DP wit two guitars was a bulldozer amok.

Reactions: Slammed
So much DP talk, I'm going to have to make an effort to go through their catalogue again soon :p

I dunno, I've seen a few from backstage, one of which was Megadeth at Soundwave in Melbourne and by most reports from the audience it was a terrible gig. But I got to see Dave slinging that Flying V around close up and thought it was fucking excellent

I've been to several venues where you can watch from side of stage and I can't say it's ever sounded great from there, but yeah, still better than some of the atrocious festival sound I've witnessed.

I've always preferred working back stage to standing in front of it.