Tori Amos question.

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Ok, so my g/f told me that Tori Amos' first album was a death metal style outing. Now, it's no surprise that she's a fan of the genre, but I can't find any info on this.

I am intrigued and wonder if any of my fellow Moshers have any useful input on the subject.

All non-useful input is, of course, welcome as always.:cool:

Thanx!

She recorded a cover of Raining Blood. Very weird and nothing like the Slayer version. That's all i know about her metal tastes though.

I read an article about her in a Czech mag yesterday. There was an interesting mention that she actually had recorded "an album with a hard rock band" in her teens but she was no confident about it and she doesn´t seem to be fond of talking about it now. So who knows. I heard her Slayer cover. I would not have recognized the song if I hadn´t known it.

I googled it and got nothin'

Wierd.

Still, thank god for filesharing, as after I searched for 'Y KANT TORI READ' I learned that this album sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before.

It sounds like really, really bad Lita Ford. :lol:

Uh yeah, my wife digs Tori amos and the y kant stuff is pretty cheesy. Shes alright for chick music. lol. Saw her in concert once, she looks possesed behind the piano.

she has also done some stuff with maynard from tool dont know if it was ever recorded but i saw them do it live it was pretty cool

Trent Reznor sang on her song Past The Mission, but again, you'd never know cos it's so restrained.

Her best CD is Boys For Pele, but make sure you get the one without the hideous remix of Professional Widow (which was rumoured to be about Courtney Love).

Tori used to be firey and passionate, but seems to be coasting a little. Try Regina Spektor instead.

:)

She also did a cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit". That was weird. And I believe she did a NiN cover too, but I can't remember off hand....

Yeah, She Never did death metal, but who knows, possibly in the future. One album of hers was a bit more on the Dance side of music, the last two have been pretty slow, so who knows what is next, I love her Wailin' though!

coldshovel said:
Uh yeah, my wife digs Tori amos and the y kant stuff is pretty cheesy. Shes alright for chick music. lol. Saw her in concert once, she looks possesed behind the piano.

If you catch her on a "good" night she really gives the piano stool a good humping. Her first three albums were really good, but her last few have been real patchy.

tori_21_main.jpg

vader_hit.jpg

I Got a Y Kant Tori Read Bootleg for my friend Pete who is a Really big fan, I forget what it sounded like, I don't think it was like Lita Ford, Possibly if they switched Gitaur with keyboard.

I would love to hear Tori and Ozzy on a track together. Tori did cover the Eminem song about locking your wife in the trunk and throwin her off a bridge, that was Interesting, reminded me not to buy Eminem Albums!