Toronto Black Metal Shows

Pale-Folklore

summoning the rain
Jul 31, 2006
toronto
i was just wondering if any of you who live here know any good websites/sources to find out about black metal concerts in toronto. the site i usually use to find out about shows is www.rotatethis.com (i also buy tickets there) but they lack info on black metal shows. maybe there just aren't alot of them here..DAVID, i bet you can help me. :)

Yeah the annoucements forum on the Braveboard has generally become a dump, but it is where you'll get info on most of the black metal shows in TO.

btw - not all the details have been released yet, but Woods of Ypres will be playing the Black Metal Xmas show again this year, Saturday December 23rd in downtown Toronto with many other bm bands. Details TBA soon...

Also, we will be playing at least two of the Ontario tour dates with Finland's Moonsorrow in January. The Toronto show will be on Monday January 15th, and the Sudbury show on the following day, Tuesday January 16th. Details to follow soon...

Lastly, Pale-Folklore - I live right by the "Rotate This" store but I've never actually been in there. Do they have a metal section?

thanks jessica, ill be checking that out

awesome news about the woods shows - i'm hoping that at least one will be all ages, especially the january 15th show (my birthday! :)).

and about rotate this' metal section, they tend to have more of the post-metal/art-metal artists like isis and pelican. the only black metal releases i've seen there are under the label southern lord (http://www.southernlord.com/), but there weren't many the last time i checked. yeah, not a huge metal selection. but check it out for yourself - you might find something you want!

i love making banana smoothies :D

yeah, that site has show dates all the way into november but it definitely doesn't have enough.

to dave or any member of WoY: i know you said the details are coming soon, but i'm just curious if you know whether the upcoming show/shows will be 19+ or all ages?

For anyone on this forum who lives in Toronto(or anyone who is fortunate enough to catch a Woods of Ypres show) I envy you. I'm surrounded by wiggers all day, and the closest thing we have to a concert up here is the monthly punk show (which I will never go to). If I do want to go to a concert, I have to travel 500KM, and it's not the cheapest thing to do.

I hate this city, damnit.

Midnight In Winter said:
For anyone on this forum who lives in Toronto(or anyone who is fortunate enough to catch a Woods of Ypres show) I envy you. I'm surrounded by wiggers all day, and the closest thing we have to a concert up here is the monthly punk show (which I will never go to). If I do want to go to a concert, I have to travel 500KM, and it's not the cheapest thing to do.

I hate this city, damnit.

that sucks..

where do you live?

ah, it was :(

dec17poster.jpg

Black metal doesn't exist in this little town of Corner Brook. We have a few metalcore bands and a Bodom ripoff, both of those things suck however. Alice Cooper played St Johns a few months ago, not really metal, I'm just mentioning concerts we have worth seeing. I would love to have Woods play here, but the audience would consist of me, and the few friends I tried to force them on.

Aeonblade said:
Black metal doesn't exist in this little town of Corner Brook. We have a few metalcore bands and a Bodom ripoff, both of those things suck however. Alice Cooper played St Johns a few months ago, not really metal, I'm just mentioning concerts we have worth seeing. I would love to have Woods play here, but the audience would consist of me, and the few friends I tried to force them on.
that's terrible! :(

Aeonblade said:

Come to St. John's and see Embers Fade sometime. There was talk of asking Woods to play 709 metalfest this year, but no one actually contacted the band. The only metal band to come here recently was Misery Index, which was sweet, did you make it to the show?

But the Pussycat Dolls and Black Eyed Peas are playing a bit down the road from me at the minute, I can hear it from my house. :lol:

Norman said:
But the Pussycat Dolls and Black Eyed Peas are playing a bit down the road from me at the minute, I can hear it from my house. :lol:
I bet PCD aren't the same now that blackhead went solo. I go for the original line-up. Old school!

In other words, I couldn't care less. ;) About the PCD I mean, no offence to you, Norman. That post was actually pretty funny.