TORONTO in 2 days -- Who of you will be there?

Originally posted by Satori
Oh yea, I know the place, I know a guy who used to be the DJ there a few years ago, but I've never been there. How far of a walk is it from there to the venue? Or would we have to drive the distance? I know the strip club is east of the venue, but I don't know how far exactly. But anyway, when it comes to naked women, I'm always up for it, hehe ;)

Satori

The strip joint is West of the venue and is only a minute walk. It's called Jilly's if i'm not mistaken.
Have fun tonight everyone, it's going to fucking rock.

Originally posted by Headquake
The strip joint is West of the venue and is only a minute walk. It's called Jilly's if i'm not mistaken.
Have fun tonight everyone, it's going to fucking rock.

West eh? Shows how well I know the area! hehe. Jilly's is right on the mark.

I was just thinking, it's going to hard to meet up. I don't think I'll have any problems finding Kittarin or Till Fjalls cuz I know what they look like (besides, who else is going to be in an In Flames baby T? heh), but everyone else? Hmm... so I was thinking that maybe it would be cool to arrange a general area where you can wander over and meet other UM geeks/Opeth freaks, like for example, the left side of the club near or against the side wall (your left when you are facing the stage). It's a low traffic area that's furthest away from the main entrance.

So anyway, that's where I'll be before Opeth goes on, and I'll be the brit-rocker looking guy in a funky grey checkered button up shirt with a collar, blue jeans and white/blue running shoes, and I'll be with a small red-head girl with shortish hair (who may or may not be wearing a tight black dress, depends on how brave she is in facing the cold tonight, hehe).

Ok, so left side of the club, near or against the wall, about half way back along the wall from the stage. That narrows it down quite a bit, eh?

Have fun, I'm literally shitting my pants with anticipation (or maybe it was the huge salad I had for lunch, hehe).

Satori

PS: you *will* be searched very thoroughly, don't take anything with you into the venue that you could get arrested for unless you plan to shove it in an orifice or at least your underwear. The staff at the Opera house are a bit nazi-like, hehe.

I'm not the kind of person to go up to people i don't know (I'm pretty introverted) so i probably won't introduce myself if i do recognize any of you. Who knows, maybe i will.
But if any of you care and want to come up to me, i'd love to meet you. I've got a messy/shaggy hairdo and I'll probably be wearing a dark blue jean jacket with a white KISS rock'n'roll over t-shirt. I'll also more than likely be fairly drunk. hehe.
:loco:

Hey Headquake, a drunken dude with shaggy hair in a rock n' roll over t-shirt eh? That should be easy to spot, if I see you I'll say hi for sure :)

Btw Till and Kit, I don't plan to show up until around 9:15ish, so don't bother looking for me before that time (on the left side close to the wall).

Ok, this will be my last post of today, cheerio.. :wave:

Satori :worship: :headbang: :cool: :devil:

that was fucking amazing, i was like gonna shit myself it was so good
the bouncer wearing the yellow sweater on the right side was cool, let me past the guard rail and was right up against the stage, fucking great, almost caught martins drum stick, the chick next to me got it :( but i shook mikeals hand :)

It was great ....i was front row, in the center ....awesomeness!! I came REALLY early, got to meet Mikael, i talked to him for like 5 minutes (nicest dude ever!!!) , got all my cd's signed by him ....then i met Peter, also a great person. The show itself was SPECTACULAR....Paradise Lost was very good IMO ....tapping the vein SUCKED (really ....how can that shit pass for guitar playing ????).....and OPETH FUCKING RULEDDDDDDDD!!!! oh man ....

Afterwards i also met Martin Lopez, got my cd covers signed by him ...and also met Peter and Mikael again .....bwahahahaah ....THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY FUCKEN LIFE!!!!!!

Originally posted by Slipknot_isn't_metal
It was great ....i was front row, in the center ....awesomeness!! I came REALLY early, got to meet Mikael, i talked to him for like 5 minutes (nicest dude ever!!!) , got all my cd's signed by him ....then i met Peter, also a great person. The show itself was SPECTACULAR....Paradise Lost was very good IMO ....tapping the vein SUCKED (really ....how can that shit pass for guitar playing ????).....and OPETH FUCKING RULEDDDDDDDD!!!! oh man ....

Afterwards i also met Martin Lopez, got my cd covers signed by him ...and also met Peter and Mikael again .....bwahahahaah ....THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY FUCKEN LIFE!!!!!!

HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE THAT?!??!?!?

I mean, I came early too... nothing cool ever happens to me... oi
so, when did you show up? did you meet them before the show outside at the back or something?
And where did you see them after the show???!!?!?!

and it seems that I didn't end up meeting anyone from UM... not that I know of anyway...

there were a lot of nice looking girls that I probably should have talked to, though...

Opeth were great!

cheers