Would you like there to be another Opeth album similar to "Damnation?"

Want another MELLOW album? AT least ONE more?

• YES!!!

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • No...

Votes: 75 58.1%

• Total voters
IcemanJ256 said:
Maybe. Not right after Damnation, maybe I'd like one in another 3-4 albums if they make that many more. I would love a more folk inspired album than a 70's prog inspired one.

Ditto. Folk music all the way! That is why I enjoy BWP so much. It is by far the most folk influenced album.

I'm of the mind that there shouldn't be one album of just one kind. That's just not what Opeth has been to me. I'd simply say maybe integrate a few more mellow tracks on a standard album. But a whole album of death/heavy, or of all mellow is just bad to me. I like Damnation to be sure, but I don't want to hear another one.

A Sorskogen album would be nice. I wouldn't mind if Opeth did another mellow album but I wouldn't want it to be a Damnation clone. An acoustic concept album maybe? A more 70s prog-rock styled album? I'm sure there are even more possibilities that the guys could play around with.

^Why don't you get rid of that extremely filthy gay-looking picture Mayberry? I'm not here to see how gay you are. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against gay people. I just hate it when they want the world to know that they are gay. Yuk, it's just a picture that make my bowels turn inside out, I don't know why.... :puke:

Eh, the NEXT Damnation or not, doesn't matter...the whole purpose of this thread was just to see if anyone would be interested in seeing another mellow album, be it anything - so long as it is all clean vocals. That's all.

AbsentFriend said:
^Why don't you get rid of that extremely filthy gay-looking picture Mayberry? I'm not here to see how gay you are. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against gay people. I just hate it when they want the world to know that they are gay. Yuk, it's just a picture that make my bowels turn inside out, I don't know why.... :puke:

Hmm....does anyone sense the irony in this situation? Clearly you have issues with either one of two people. My avatar is a picture of the legendary Don Knotts. What's not to like? I mean the man has done it all. You may not have liked his role on Three's Company ((which the picture was taken from btw)) but at least he took some spotlight from John Ritter. Could it be that you loathe Don Knotts? ::gasp::
:OMG: Then you have the person in my sig who is trying to do the planet a favor by showing them that they too can become former WWF wrestling retard The Ultimate Warrior. Children of the time and overweight middle aged wrestling fans could unite under a common thread that they had the desire to be just like The Ultimate Warrior. This benevolent soul did these people a favor and showed them that they too could feel the "power of the Warrior". Now you may not be an Ultimate Warrior fan. You may not be a wrestling fan in general. However, give the guy credit. He is basically giving these UW fans a heads up on the self esteem booster that Hasbro has to offer them. I feel it is my duty to promote the greatness of Don Knotts and inform the public of what Hasbro has to offer certain downtrodden and depressed wrestling fans. Sorry if one of these pics may not be to your liking. I didn't mean to offend you or arouse any homoerotic feelings that you have deep inside you. Think of the greater good and deal with this little nuissance. Thank you. :D

Mayberry's Finest said:
Hmm....does anyone sense the irony in this situation? Clearly you have issues with either one of two people. My avatar is a picture of the legendary Don Knotts. What's not to like? I mean the man has done it all. You may not have liked his role on Three's Company ((which the picture was taken from btw)) but at least he took some spotlight from John Ritter. Could it be that you loathe Don Knotts? ::gasp::
:OMG: Then you have the person in my sig who is trying to do the planet a favor by showing them that they too can become former WWF wrestling retard The Ultimate Warrior. Children of the time and overweight middle aged wrestling fans could unite under a common thread that they had the desire to be just like The Ultimate Warrior. This benevolent soul did these people a favor and showed them that they too could feel the "power of the Warrior". Now you may not be an Ultimate Warrior fan. You may not be a wrestling fan in general. However, give the guy credit. He is basically giving these UW fans a heads up on the self esteem booster that Hasbro has to offer them. I feel it is my duty to promote the greatness of Don Knotts and inform the public of what Hasbro has to offer certain downtrodden and depressed wrestling fans. Sorry if one of these pics may not be to your liking. I didn't mean to offend you or arouse any homoerotic feelings that you have deep inside you. Think of the greater good and deal with this little nuissance. Thank you. :D

I don't know, and I don't want to know those people. Your whole story is about these all-American people. I don't expect you to know Joop van Zijl, the well known Dutch newsreader do I? I think it's typical American behaviour to expect people to know everything about America, it's "culture" (TV), and it's inhabitants. America is not the world man. Far from it.

And I still don't understand this awful picture, it's just repelling.

No thanks

I say no.... I love Damnation, but I would rather hear Opeth just keep doing the stuff that made me love them so much in the first place.... Maybe they can start a side project for that kind of stuff, just like how the members of my favorite band Neurosis created Tribes of Neurot...

AbsentFriend said:
I don't know, and I don't want to know those people. Your whole story is about these all-American people. I don't expect you to know Joop van Zijl, the well known Dutch newsreader do I? I think it's typical American behaviour to expect people to know everything about America, it's "culture" (TV), and it's inhabitants. America is not the world man. Far from it.

And I still don't understand this awful picture, it's just repelling.

No thanks

I'd just like to tell you that the bullshit I posted earlier was mostly for my own amusement. I don't see what my knowledge or lack thereof about Joop van Zijl has to do with Don Knotts or The Ultimate Warrior. Your needless tirade comes out of left field. You've taken my response and grossly blown things out of proportion. First of all the World Wrestling Federation doesn't solely target an "all-American" audience. Secondly Don Knotts is a star of mammoth proportions. If you don't know him then you need to find out otherwise you life will utterly be declared void. Any happiness or meaning you find it life won't legally count until your ignorance of Don Knotts is obliterated. Ok, this is beside the point. I wasn't trying to accomplish anything with my previous response except for a maybe a cheap laugh. Do I expect you to know everything about American culture? Hehe not quite. The only expectation I would have is for you to actually comment with something productive, witty, or intelligent and you seemed to have failed miserably. Instead I get this filth.

Hopefully you'll read the article featured on X-Entertainment, find it amusing, and find it in your heart to part amicably and let this thread die peacefully.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/402.html

ult16.jpg