Total Noob to take First Engineering steps/ Needs HALP on Guitar and Drums

Adrian1989

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2010
I recorded a short clip of my Problem below.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4739135/Guitars+Drums only.mp3.mp3

I just recently got into recording audio and stuff and im stuck with the Guitar/drumsound atm.

As you can hear the guitars muffle like shit and i cant get them as razorsharp as i want them.

I started to wonder if it actually could be the software amps (clip is only Amplitube 2 and some drumagog-jizzaround).
If i crank up the highs a bit, shit gets fizzy, but if i crank up the lows any more, it will only be even more dominant as it already is.

I feel like if the Guitars take away to much place which will be a big problem in mixing if the rest of the instruments comes in i think.
So what i need atm, is a very ... direct tone i would say.

At the Moment i just cant get those guitars more like edgy/to the Point/direct enough to actually sound good with the drums (hellyeah the samples are shitty i know)

I am going to record a Band which i want to record with a real amp (Framus Dragon into a Engl Vintage 30 cab with a single sm57).
I read myself trough so many Pages of Cab micing and how the speaker itself reacts with the heads and the signal itself and the air the speaker moves, but i actually never really mic´d a cab so any suggestions are appreciated for this first experiment.

*the lfo´d shit at the beginning isnt serious, its was just my way to mark this particular track (i have tons of them flying around here, since im trying to get of this problem for a week now)

edit:
guitars are 4 tracked by the way, 100L/100R 85L/85R

cheers mates

Schecter Hellraiser straight into the hi-z of my soundcard (ESI UGM96) runs into amplitube 2. No DI Box here.