Totally confused.....

I believe Cockos is going to really push Reaper for Mac this year, so it may be worth keeping an eye on it. I love it on PC.

I really wanted to like sonar and I did put in some time with it (6 producer), but I couldnt really flow within its functions, It seems like it would be the best daw as far as its included audio snap / pitch correction thing, but I have to say Cubase has my vote, when I work on it I can focus on getting stuff done rather than getting lost in sub menues and learning every stinking shortcut. thats just my rookie 2cents though....

Every host has a different sound because of their summing man. So automatically, it will sound different.

Maybe true, but I would really want a solid proof of this, that which sounds the best is really not only in our head. Side by side comparison of different DAWs with exactly the same settings with only the default plugins of the DAW. For example a 30 second snippet from 5 tracks (drums from DKFHS or similiar, bass, guitar, keyboards and vocals) with the same things applied to them.

Anyone in for this? I think we have users who use atleast some versions of Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Reason, Sonar, Reaper and what not in this forum, right?

There's been summing tests done such as the Awesome DAW Sum and generally the results that have sounded the best to most producers have been from Nuendo/Cubase, Pro Tools, and Logic, in that order.

To do it right requires NO plugin usage and literally just audio summing with the same fader and pan settings on pre-recorded tracks.

They have that free version of Reaper for mac. I might give it a spin just to see how the flow of it is. I mean it is free.

I downloaded that this morning and have been messing around with it. It is apparently recommended for intel-based Mac's (iMac) which is what I have. I gotta say. I am really enjoying messing around with it. It is VERY different from Cubase and Pro Tools. I can't speak for Logic, though... never used it. I am going to keep it, and maybe do some samples with it over the next couple of weeks. Might even load some Pro Tools projects in for comparison mixes. Either way, I think Reaper is great, especially for people on a budget who want little or no limitations as to interface, sound cards, and plug-in options.