toughest Hardcore (terror style)

The song is cool. Very Terror-like.

The production isn't bad but i think it sounds too unnatural for this type of music. And it seems to me that the drums/bass/guitars are not glued together enough. For this kind of music the production should be more natural i think. Good examples for me are :

TERROR - lowest of the low
TERROR - one with the underdogs
TEAMKILLER - bad signs

A tad too much verb on vox, they should sound more direct as utarefson already stated.

Just my 2 cents, as a fan of that kind of bands (good ones though :) ).

Djabthrash I´m with you. Know exactly what you mean.

The problem is that I dont have the data to do a production like that.
I had to lower and Low-cut the OH that hard because they dont have a "stereo-mid" means the snare is bouncing from left to right...
No room mics....
I just mixed and mastered it I didnt tracked or produced anything

Tomorrow I will make the last changes (just very small ones because the band is very happy)

I´m not that happy with the snare. I´m thinking of lowering the volume about -1dB. Maybe less POP and more punch...
And maybe some other soft changes

cheers and thanks for the honest replies!!!

Djabthrash I´m with you. Know exactly what you mean.

The problem is that I dont have the data to do a production like that.
I had to lower and Low-cut the OH that hard because they dont have a "stereo-mid" means the snare is bouncing from left to right...
No room mics....
I just mixed and mastered it I didnt tracked or produced anything

Tomorrow I will make the last changes (just very small ones because the band is very happy)

I´m not that happy with the snare. I´m thinking of lowering the volume about -1dB. Maybe less POP and more punch...
And maybe some other soft changes

cheers and thanks for the honest replies!!!

Ok fair enough.

Maybe if you had more time you could have blended the slate snare/kick drum samples with some other samples to remove that "slate drums only" feel, and add some more verb for some "room sound".

But given the conditions/deadlines you describe i can see how you can't do much about it.

And Djabthrash good to hear you know Teamkiller. They are friends of my band. Very nice dudes!!!
If you into that music check out Black Friday 29 from Germany!!!

cheers

I think Teamkiller is one of the best modern hardcore bands :) Their 2 albums are awesome, and the production on "Bad signs" is just SICK !!! Perfect production for that album IMO.

I'll check Black Friday 29 out.

If you know the TK guys, i guess you're from Germany right ?

The production fits the style but is a bit too muddy, IMO. I'd raise the kick, at some points it's barely audiable, unlike the snare which is pretty prominent.

Are you sure about the kick?
The kick is loudest thing in the mix ( when you believe audio-meters:p )
And yeah I´m going to lower the snare in volume, after 3 spins (of the demo) it gets annoying...

Tomorrow the last version will be posted...
cheers

I have to agree, most of the time I can't hear the kick at all honestly :/ Otherwise sounds good, guitars are fierce and roaring, but a bit too loud and also a bit middy IMO, a slight cut at 1k would help, and the snare sounds great but is honestly a bit painful (sharp) - overall a really badass mix though!

The kick is loudest thing in the mix ( when you believe audio-meters:p )

The loudest in db isn't always perceived to be the loudest in a mix. Remember the Fletcher-Munson curve
fletcher_munson.gif

I think you could leave it like it is if you make some room for it by cutting some of the mud in the guitars and bass. A very slight boost to the kick's highs will help a lot, too.

The loudest in db isn't always perceived to be the loudest in a mix. Remember the Fletcher-Munson curve
fletcher_munson.gif

I think you could leave it like it is if you make some room for it by cutting some of the mud in the guitars and bass. A very slight boost to the kick's highs will help a lot, too.

exactly what I´m going to do right now:)