[TOUR] FILTHFEST EUROTOUR W/ CRADLE OF FILTH, MOONSPELL, TURISAS

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
TURISAS, MOONSPELL and CRADLE OF FILTH will team up for the Filthfest European Tour in April/ May 2009. Confirmed dates are as follows:

16.04. Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
17.04. Prague, Czech Republic - Follimanka
18.04. Krakow, Poland - Wisla Hall
19.04. Warsaw, Poland - Studola
20.04. Minsk, Belarus - Sport Hall
22.04. Bratislava, Slovakia - PKO
23.04. Cluj Napaca, Romania - Sport Hall
24.04. Belgrade, Serbia - SKC
25.04. Zagreb, Croatia - Boogaloo
26.04. Ljubljana, Slovenia - Media Park
28.04. Rome, Italy - Teatro Tenda Strisce
29.04. Milano, Italy - Musicodrome
01.05. Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
02.05. Clemont Ferrand, France - Coopérative de Mai
03.05. Toulouse, France - Havana Café
04.05. Madrid, Spain - Sala Penélope
05.05. Barcelona, Spain - Apollo
07.05. Caen, France - Cargo
08.05. Durbuy, France - Durbuy Rock
09.05. Rotterdam, Netherlands - Watt (damn those management gig sheets!)
10.05. Rijssen, Netherlands - Lucky & Co

and in Rijssen there is going to be the big "Tour-end"-blast *laughing* ;)

a pity Hamburg is so short before my written exams, but well, Netherlands here I come again...

My guess is that this is not in Bucharest. Most probably it's in Cluj-Napoca: a city in the western part of Romania. As far as I know, there is no venue named "Cluj-Napaca" in Bucharest last time I was these this past June. It also makes sense from the travel perspective since Cluj-Napoca is close enough to the line between Bratislava and Belgrade; going all the way to Bucharest is a lot of driving on Romanian roads.

A lot of the metal shows stay away from the capital for some reason . . . such as Korpiklaani recently playing Rock'n Iasi in the northern city of Iasi.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

23.04. Bucharest, Romania - Cluj Napaca

after the confiusions about the "Cluj Napaca"-thing, I just compared this posted version with the one of the Turisas-Homepage...

18.04. Krakow, Poland - Studio
01.05. Lausanne, Switzerland - Docks
08.05. Nancy, France - TBA
09.05. Antwerpen, Belgium - Hof ter Lo

Alright. Some version does NOT work. Because the official Turisas-Homepage offers a quite different option :

18.04.2009 Wisla Hall Krakow (PL)
=>Studio or Wisla Hall?

01.05.2009 Z7 Pratteln (CH)
=> Lausanne or Pratteln?

08.05.2009 Durbuy Rock Durbuy (FR)
=> Nancy or Durbuy Rock?
BTW: That festival is NOT in France, but in Belgium, obviously?!

09.05.2009 Watt Rotterdam (BE)
=>Antwerpen or Rotterdam?
BTW: Rotterdam is NOT in Belgium, but in Netherlands.

it´s just like a general note that some stuff cannot work...I was pretty much confused when looking through the dates, to be honest.

And since they´re announced on Durbuy Rock I think it is there aswell...and on the Z7 page it is confirmed...but well, confusion rules ^^

As has already been discussed, some city/ venue changes have occurred since the initial schedule:

16.04. Hamburg, Germany - Markthalle
17.04. Prague, Czech Republic - Follimanka
18.04. Krakow, Poland - Wisla Hall
19.04. Warsaw, Poland - Studola
20.04. Minsk, Belarus - Sport Hall
22.04. Bratislava, Slovakia - PKO
23.04. Cluj Napaca, Romania - Sport Hall
24.04. Belgrade, Serbia - SKC
25.04. Zagreb, Croatia - Boogaloo
26.04. Ljubljana, Slovenia - Media Park
28.04. Rome, Italy - Teatro Tenda Strisce
29.04. Milano, Italy - Musicodrome
01.05. Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
02.05. Clemont Ferrand, France - Coopérative de Mai
03.05. Toulouse, France - Havana Café
04.05. Madrid, Spain - Sala Penélope
05.05. Barcelona, Spain - Apollo
07.05. Caen, France - Cargo
08.05. Durbuy, France - Durbuy Rock
09.05. Rotterdam, Netherlands - Watt (damn those management gig sheets!)
10.05. Rijssen, Netherlands - Lucky & Co

I MIGHT attend the Turisas gig in Cluj afterall. It's gonna be a bit troublesome to leave my city in the middle of the week to see them, but they're worth it anyhow. I couldn't care less about Cradle of Filth and Moonspell though. I just really really hope stuff will click, so that I get to see them.

That Rotterdam one sounds good. I'd rather go there than to Rijssen as it's way closer to home. Anybody interested in a Rijssen ticket? (it's a real ticket, so I can just send it to you through snail mail) Just PM me if you are.

and i am sucha sick mind I started thinking about the rotterdam-one aswell, though it´s farer...but still, so goddamned tempting...turisas twice in two days sounds promising XD

well, if you can manage it financially and stuff, why not. I'm not doing it though. So I really hope somebody wants my Rijssen ticket. It would save me a lot of traveling cost (about €20,-!) and a lot of traveling time (about 2,5 hours one way, so 5 hours or a bit more in total!).

@Cari: Thanks! :)
I know this is gonna sound a bit stupid, but I gotta ask it. Here in Romania, it's gonna be a 5-band show: Turisas, CoF, Moonspell, Rotting Christ and Unleashed. So, all of these bands are going to play on April 23rd. I wonder, if Turisas are opening for CoF and Moonspell, are they also opening the whole thing, so will they play first or smth?
Damn tricky schedule. This tour is gonna be pretty heavy for them, from what I can see. They all have one gig per day, rarely one day off. Tiresome as hell I think.