Tour North America, PLEASE!

I find it interesting how people tend to yell, kick and scream when a band actually becomes somewhat popular enough to land an American tour. If a band is putting out albums, isn't the goal to have people listen to your music and then buy the album? There's nothing "trendy" about learning about a new band and deciding you like them. I've been into metal for years now, and I'm always hearing new bands (some that have been around for years). Does that make me trendy because I didn't start listening to certain bands until they started making a more noticable debut over here?

As per the thread at hand.. I believe Kalmah SHOULD tour the United States. There are plenty of people here who enjoy Kalmah, and we're continuing to tell our friends. Why? Because we LIKE the band.

they should come but its true faggit mother fuckers would start suckin their cocks fuck that id rather go to finland

Musiclord said:
I find it interesting how people tend to yell, kick and scream when a band actually becomes somewhat popular enough to land an American tour. If a band is putting out albums, isn't the goal to have people listen to your music and then buy the album? There's nothing "trendy" about learning about a new band and deciding you like them. I've been into metal for years now, and I'm always hearing new bands (some that have been around for years). Does that make me trendy because I didn't start listening to certain bands until they started making a more noticable debut over here?

As per the thread at hand.. I believe Kalmah SHOULD tour the United States. There are plenty of people here who enjoy Kalmah, and we're continuing to tell our friends. Why? Because we LIKE the band.
Words of wisdom...

The Bringer said:
They barely even tour their home town. Let them start their atleast.
Not that I wouldn't want that.. but The Bringer is right.

eggo said:
Peez?

<3<3<3<3

Word can't do justice to how badly I want to see you guys perform live. I gaurantee you that you guys would do well out here :D
That sounded a little gay..

Keep on dreaming. Hopefully they go to Tuska so I can drive about 30 kilometres and go watch them :loco:

Sorry.

I have nothing against a band getting popular or younger people getting into them when they start to get popular . However, when I am at a show and 15 year old kids are talking about running and tackling "Alexi" when he steps off the bus, and when he does step off they talk about there great conversation with him when all they said were "Alexi oh my god you rule!", or compare how much they know about a band as if they are best friends with the band, but all they know are worthless rumors off the internet really. Then you get in the show and when they start to get a little pressure on them in front row center they get all pissed off like they are at a pop concert and think the crowd should be all chill for them... Then you here them talk about how they can't wait for Kalmah to tour here... Well shit... I thought Kalmah was the last band to have fans like that... Guess I was wrong. Like I said I am all for bands getting popular, I know thats how I will get to see more coverage of them, but I don't want to go to show with tons of kids who are there with the #1 priority of meeting the band and sucking "Alexis" dick at the first chance they get, if you get my drift.

It feels weird when a band gets really popular though.:erk: Like when I started listening to Dimmu Borgir (I know, alot of you hate them) I didn't know much about them and I loved them because of what I heard. They were one of the first metal bands I heard. When I started finding out how popular they were, and some people who listened to extremely gay bands started to like them, it was weird. It didn't change how much I like them but I don't know. When someone says his favorite band is Slipknot and says he likes Dimmu Borgir I'm just kind of like errrrrr.

I start to wonder if it's just because of their image he likes them or something. I just want people who actually enjoy the music, to like bands, and not like them because of other stupid reasons. Also, I feel closer to the bands when there not so popular, I can ask them questions or whatever I want, like we do here. I love the finnish metal scene mainly because of the music (duh) but I also like it because it really feels like a community too. Idk it's cool I guess. Finnish metal is my absolute favorite music in the world, Kalmah and other finnish bands do deserve alot of respect and money for doing what they do but make great music like you always have and I'll be happy. :)

A lot of people like bands before they get popular, get over yourselves; that's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is for Kalmah fans to express their desire to see them perform live in the United States. I don't give a shit if you don't like Bodom fans or not, fuck off. This thread is for Kalmah, and about Kalmah.

So, again...

PLEASE FUCKING COME TO THE UNITED STATES.

arch_enemy666 said:
I have nothing against a band getting popular or younger people getting into them when they start to get popular . However, when I am at a show and 15 year old kids are talking about running and tackling "Alexi" when he steps off the bus, and when he does step off they talk about there great conversation with him when all they said were "Alexi oh my god you rule!", or compare how much they know about a band as if they are best friends with the band, but all they know are worthless rumors off the internet really. Then you get in the show and when they start to get a little pressure on them in front row center they get all pissed off like they are at a pop concert and think the crowd should be all chill for them... Then you here them talk about how they can't wait for Kalmah to tour here... Well shit... I thought Kalmah was the last band to have fans like that... Guess I was wrong. Like I said I am all for bands getting popular, I know thats how I will get to see more coverage of them, but I don't want to go to show with tons of kids who are there with the #1 priority of meeting the band and sucking "Alexis" dick at the first chance they get, if you get my drift.

I'm a 15 year old kid and i've been listening to Kalmah since I was 14 :)
I don't like CoB as much as I use to because their newest album dissapointed me greatly.
I waited out in the cold alone for an hour to met Behemoth and I didn't tackle them at all, I put out my hand and said I'm a huge fan and I actually talked to Nergal and Orion for a good 30 minutes each. I just want to clear up that not all 15 year old kids are moronic like you made most of them seem :)

As for Kalmah getting popular, I'm glad that they are. It'd be cool to have your music known in different countries and to be able to leave your hometown and do some gigs in a different environment. Sadly around these parts, most people listen to Nu-Metal crap or metalcore. The only people who like death metal that I know are like 30 . I highly doubt Kalmah would stop by here any time soon :erk: