tour???

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California, USA
ok so the official site mentions a euro tour...
perhaps novembre signing with a new label and with a new album out, theres a chance for a USA tour??? maybe with katatonia since they have a new album coming out soon?

who usually funds the tour? the record label? band management?

i cant believe how little publicity novembre got from century media. century media USA promotes the hell out of the USA bands. magazines, tours, everything! yet i never saw anything about novembre. i even tried to get classica direct from the label and they were always out of stock... i guess century media UK/GER doesnt care about promoting their bands, unless its lacuna coil hehe.

if theres no USA tour, i guess i'll have to pack some bags and fly to italy to see them... i flew half way across the country to see opeth for their first US appearance. why not half way across the world to see novembre? :D

NovemberMourning said:
i guess century media UK/GER doesnt care about promoting their bands, unless its lacuna coil hehe.

Or unless it's Moonspell, Portugal's most famous band and also most overrated :D. I think they do great promotion, but they're very strict with their bands. It depends hugely on their sales, the first album you never get a decent promotion and the next ones, you only get IF your previous sales were good! I've read somewhere, that even the budget for recordings, wasn't the best. It also has to do with style, if somehow Novembre's style becomes widespread in america, Novembre will grow like Opeth, for sure and attract some major contract. But their style is not jumpy, ya know? Although they're dynamic, what really makes a lot of the people (which include metalheads, nu metallers, hardcore/punk fans) is stuff that make them vibe to the music. Novembre is too melodic and has lots of calm parts...the public is a lot different, but let's keep faith in Peaceville, cuz it's a relatively small band but all of their bands are all rookies and never had a bad promotion as far as I know.

Concerning the trip to Italy, I was talking the other day with Strasera Piovon from this forum, and she's saving some for that. I wouldn't mind to do so as well, if I find a job. Would be rather nice if we had a 'forum meeting' there. :)

maybe because novembre is a small band with hardly any audience, thus not in the state of filling larger venues, which would have to be booked for an overseas tour to amortize the costs?

Hey! They're on Peaceville, opeth were on peaceville/music for nations when they first toured U.S.A supporting Nevermore, don't discredit Peaceville, they've to be the ultimate label! :D

Malaclypse said:
maybe because novembre is a small band with hardly any audience, thus not in the state of filling larger venues, which would have to be booked for an overseas tour to amortize the costs?

exactly :cry:

Katatonia is on Peaceville and they have been around for a long time and still have never toured the US. I am sure the chance of Peaceville getting Novembre over here are none at all.

Novembre is pretty obscure and need to be put on some tours. If somehow Novembre was to tour the US with Opeth they would have the chance to break out.

it would be cool to see novembre come out on tour with opeth... but, at the same time it wouldnt...

its hard to explain.

novembre's music is somewhat personal to me and i like being selfish with it in hope that it wont be ruined or exploited by trendy people the way opeth has. it makes me sick to see kids wear a nine inch nails shirt one day, and an opeth shirt the next and talk about how much they love opeth yet theyve only heard one album... im sure some of you know what im talking about.

well i guess ill just wait for the european tour dates... that would be amazing to fly to italy to see novembre and visit the town where my family is from.

NovemberMourning said:
it would be cool to see novembre come out on tour with opeth... but, at the same time it wouldnt...

if novembre was headlining... then... ok.

:D

btw. where is your family from?

i dont want to see novembre again with opeth or katatonia... they already did that tour... better go with... klimt 1918 :)

What does Dredg have to do with music at all, actually? :D just kidding, El Cielo is quite nice.. not something that captivates me a lot, but myeah...it's high quality nevertheless

Pierrot said:
What does Dredg have to do with Novembre and Katatonia? :err:

If you want, you'll find them very close for some atmospheres and moods... they all have their different styles but with a similar "emotional" approach.. indeed many fans of one of these bands usually like the others too, as for Opeth or Klimt 1918 or Room With A View or else...

WORN_CARILLON said:
If you want, you'll find them very close for some atmospheres and moods... they all have their different styles but with a similar "emotional" approach.. indeed many fans of one of these bands usually like the others too, as for Opeth or Klimt 1918 or Room With A View or else...

hahahaha.no. :D