Tour

Believe me, we are just dying to get to the UK and play!! There are plenty of venues contacting us all the time, but the real stickler is the cost of flights and work permits and hotel and transpo, etc. We have a lot more of a show than Mistallica does and require double the amount of people/crew to make it happen so that is a doodoo right there. We are so grateful there are promoters in regions of this world much farther away that are willing to take the chance. The one that blows my mind the most today is our upcoming trip to Indonesia!!!!! We always get asked from India but that has yet to pull through for the last 4 years. Ya never know where this crazy tribute world will lead us! Let's just keep our fingers crossed that UK will come up next!!!!

Cheers! :D

Believe me, we are just dying to get to the UK and play!! There are plenty of venues contacting us all the time, but the real stickler is the cost of flights and work permits and hotel and transpo, etc. We have a lot more of a show than Mistallica does and require double the amount of people/crew to make it happen so that is a doodoo right there. We are so grateful there are promoters in regions of this world much farther away that are willing to take the chance. The one that blows my mind the most today is our upcoming trip to Indonesia!!!!! We always get asked from India but that has yet to pull through for the last 4 years. Ya never know where this crazy tribute world will lead us! Let's just keep our fingers crossed that UK will come up next!!!!

Cheers! :D

Linda! This message makes me happy and sad at the same time.Happy,'cos I love your optimistic point of view and the fact that there's apparently more than a few UK promoters already interested about the band.And sad,'cos I think that there could be a few things that could have a cost-reducing effect,which would make the whole deal a bit sweeter for the promoters,therefore they could open their wallet a bit more gladly. Of course I'm only talking about things that wouldn't ruin the whole experience neither for you,nor for the fans.I just don't know if you guys would willing to do those things?

What I find interesting and puzzling is that it is cheaper for the UK than South America to pay for TIMs to come over and do a show(s). The UK pound is very strong compared to the US dollar, but the currency in South America is equal or less than the US dollar. So, in business terms the recoup costs are more for South America than the UK.

I know, but the bands may work differently and the Maidens might cost more. It will be VERY expensive to get the girls over here (even tho the promotors would make a shitload back) and it doesn't seem that they're will to take a chance right now sadly. :(

Always worth putting the word out there to keep their name known and we can just hope that someone will take a chance.

I don't know the financial workings of Misstallica but you're right, Jen, it is relatively expensive to bring our band over there. That's the only deterrent. Linda explained it well in a previous post. But I love the notion of getting a buzz going over about us. We would absolutely love a U.K. tour!

But here's a question for you, Brits: do you think audiences over there would be more welcoming or harder to impress because it's the home of Maiden?

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10219634 said:
But here's a question for you, Brits: do you think audiences over there would be more welcoming or harder to impress because it's the home of Maiden?

Perhaps I'm not exactly the right person to answer this,mainly 'cos even though I live here,I'm not british,but...in my experience,british people generally not too easily impressed.But then again,anyone who does not appreciate class A musicianship combined with beauty,is an idiot.So I wouldn't worry about that welcoming part,I'm pretty sure a UK tour would go down very well! :D

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10219634 said:
I don't know the financial workings of Misstallica but you're right, Jen, it is relatively expensive to bring our band over there. That's the only deterrent. Linda explained it well in a previous post. But I love the notion of getting a buzz going over about us. We would absolutely love a U.K. tour!

I think they would be both. They would be hard to impress but as soon as you guys start playing, they would enjoy it and be very welcoming. I would worry about stupid drunk people shouting the predictable rude comments cos you're girls. I have seen things like that happen in the UK more than I have any other country sadly. :(

Red Shirt, you are right on the button with that hypothesis! LOL! The airfares were staggering!! And we did a LOT of flying too, not just LAX to Point A and then driving! I think the South Americans do this more out of love than the almighty return dollar, quite honestly. They sure do love their MAIDEN there!!!!

UK is not really the place to play anymore. No budget, no promotion... Most band play Western Europe.

Seems like there are a lot of good Maiden tribute bands in the UK already. Why fly people in when you can get a good local act? The girls and I would love to play there though...hopefully it might happen one day. Just got this from the IMFC (scroll down to see the Maiden tributes playing at EDVENTURE):

Now that the 2012 tour dates have been released and we are just about five months away from our first EDVENTURE WEEKEND we thought we would give you a teaser of what we have planned so far.
First up, there's going to be plenty of up close and personal photo opportunities with Eddie, and you will have the chance sit behind one of Nicko's touring drum kits and to pose with the band's guitars...
Steve Harris is very kindly loaning us his No.2 West Ham bass which was made especially for him by Fender and used on the Final Frontier World Tour. He explained that "unfortunately you can't use my No.1 West Ham bass because if anything happened to it there would be no more Maiden!" And we couldn't let that happen now could we?!
When we asked Janick if we could borrow one of his guitars, he immediately replied: "I'll tell you what; you can borrow my white guitar that I used to use with Gillan and White Spirit as well as now with Maiden. It's the white one I have used for Iron Maiden at the end of the set for the last 20 odd years and it's done a few miles, it's had a few changes of neck and the body has been split in half and glued back together on a few occasions, most notably by the guitar repairer Dick Night in the eighties. He tried to punch me once 'cos he had just fixed it and the day after he gave it back to me I sent it back to him in three pieces, oops! I got that Strat when I was 18, it was my first Strat and I used to sleep with it! So take good care of it!!"
Dave responded "it sounds like one big party! It would be a pleasure to let you borrow one of my guitars", while Adrian said "I am more than happy to let you have any of my guitars that are not in use on the upcoming tour".
As well as these extraordinary hands-on photo opportunities, there will be free prize draws to win all sorts of stuff, including Maiden goodies signed by the band and competitions galore:-
5-A-SIDE FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT (we will supply the shirts which you get to keep!)
KARAOKE (if you fancy yourself as a budding Bruce Dickinson)
MAIDEN AIR GUITAR COMPETITION
EDDIE AND CHARLOTTE FANCY DRESS COMPETITION
BEST DRESSED CARAVAN
We've got lots of plans for loads more activities to keep you entertained for the whole weekend --but we're not quite ready to announce them yet!
As well as collections from fellow fans, there will be loads of exclusive and discounted merchandise available, including a special EDVENTURE t-shirt which you can have personalised if you want.
On the music front there will be Maiden DVDs playing all day and the live music timetable currently runs:
FRIDAY
9.00pm MAIDEN SCOTLAND -- Classic Maiden Set
SATURDAY
7.30pm THE FALLEN -- Classic Rock Covers
9.30pm HI-ON MAIDEN -- Seventh Son of A Seventh Son Tour
SUNDAY
3.30pm MATT DUGGINSON & DAVE HURRY -- Maiden Unplugged
7.00pm THE POCKET GODZILLAS -- Punk Pop Power Rock
9.00pm HI-ON MAIDEN -- Rock In Rio
Knowing that there will be no Maiden shows outside North America in 2012, this is your chance to have as much fun as the real thing with some of the best tribute acts around, as well as the added bonus of meeting up with all your old Maiden mates and the opportunity to make loads more friends over the weekend.
To book your place, simply go to http://www.ironmaiden.com/edventure/
More announcements will be made shortly.

Scream for me Hopton!
- Laz

Seems like there are a lot of good Maiden tribute bands in the UK already. Why fly people in when you can get a good local act? The girls and I would love to play there though...hopefully it might happen one day. Just got this from the IMFC...

Yes,Wanda...but any of them are as nearly as lovely as you girls? I don't think so! Thanks for the info about the EDVENTURE.As I'm not an FC member,I never heard of this.

Sign me up!

I'm usually not too keen about gatherings like this.The town where it will take place is basically on the other side of the country,the ticket prices are fairly horrible,and I'm not even a FC member,but...If ANY of you ladies will be there,PLEASE,PLEASE let me know,so I can sign up too.Thanks to the hard-headed,business-oriented UK promoters,short of doing a trip to California or South America,it seems to be the ONLY way to meet any of you girls,and I don't wanna miss another opportunity. (I'm still pretty mad about not being there when "As Blood Runs Black" and "Misstallica" played around here!)

I think they would be both. They would be hard to impress but as soon as you guys start playing, they would enjoy it and be very welcoming. I would worry about stupid drunk people shouting the predictable rude comments cos you're girls. I have seen things like that happen in the UK more than I have any other country sadly. :(

BOLLOCKS! And BLOODY HELL! That's what I say to that! :lol: Those are the only British curse words I know. Oh wait--I just remembered what my British former boss used to always say: "Oh for fuck's sake!" :p