Touring rigs - Share that shit

Alright guys, so I figured a cool little thread with everyone throwing up what they use on tour would be cool. Whether it be some epic rack thing, a Metal Zone pedal etc, it doesn't matter. What do YOU guys use when you're on tour??

When I'm on tour with mt band Orpheus Omega, having a consistent tone is a BIG deal for me so I've been using the Line 6 HD500 pedalboard into an Electro Harmonix .44 magnum for the last few years and I absolutely LOVE it.

Here's a very quick demo of me playing Killswitch Engage's My Curse using my live tone mic'd up through a Mesa 4x12, NO post EQ at all, just exactly what the mic is picking up m/ (The backing track is from the Guitar Hero stems I think)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/306055/Line6HD500 - test.mp3

I've never gotten into direct to PA and after playing a tour in Asia recently, it was cemented for me that relying on PA/ Foldbacks is a VERY iffy situation.

I can't back this hard enough.

I have a Kemper and a FCB1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip in it which I use straight through the PA/wedges at 90% of our shows. I also travel with a .44 Magnum in case I need to run through a cabinet, but it's rarely necessary. I live in The Faroe Islands, so I have to fly out to basically all our shows which means that I can't travel with a cab. I got a good friend of mine to build me a custom flight case for the KPA + floorboard and I couldn't be happier:

kemper%20flightcase.jpg

I have been considering picking up a Pod HD-500 for certain gigs though, simply because it's lighter and smaller.

Line6 G90 --> Kemper -->PA for both guitars, controlled by a FCB1010
I also would like to try out the IE route...but I am very afraid of blasting things to much and never be able to work as an AE again :D

Here's our bass/guitar/iem rack.

10302159_10152153980106128_7711263066356884288_n.jpg

Below the pullout drawer is a rackshelf where our wireless receivers are mounted.
Everything is prewired to an xlr panel in the back so when we get to the venue we just patch into whatever stagebox is closest and then we're done.

One of those guys, huh? :lol: We end up providing gear more often than not. Normally I don't have an issue with it, but when we travel 2 hours to play a show, get thrown on first, then have to wait all night to get our drum kit back before we can make the tired trek home, etc....that sucks. Also had a bass cab get destroyed somehow on us recently. I can understand if the venue is providing part of a backline, but if you're in a band who gigs consistently, you should be bringing all of your own gear, all the time.
I'm gonna just throw this out there and say fuck bands that consistently ask to borrow gear. That shit gets annoying.

I can honestly say I've never played a show and asked another bassist/guitarist for any sort of gear because I was always prepared.

One guy asked if he could use my bass because I was the only other guy with a 6 string... I asked what tuning he was in (to be nice) and it was way different than mine and I didn't want that to screw up my neck so I had to say no.
And it wasn't that something was wrong with his bass... He just straight up forgot to bring it...

/rant

How the FUCK do you forget to bring your instrument to your own show? :lol:

Ok, forgetting something after loading back out of the venue - I can see that, it's happened to my bands int he past.....but straight up forgetting your guitar at home....?!?!

And that drum kit posted above.....Staind, aye?

Here's my Not very Metal Set-up...
I play Post rock these days; so this rig KILLS

10250165_10154042124665327_6365270339199867600_n.jpg

Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster and Esquire

36141_10150304736620327_7068766_n.jpg

'78 Marshall Jmp 2204 & Orange PPC 4x12 AD

1907754_10154465577035327_9022049445772246913_n.jpg

The Pedal Board!

Maxon od 808
Boss NS2
EH Deuxe Memory Man
EH Holy Grail(strymon Big sky Coming soon!!)
Home Made volume pot in a switchable box; which is my clean channel. Just rolls the volume down with now High end loss.
Joyo Tremolo
Boss Tu-2

All going in to a G-Lab Gsc2 which sets all the patches etc.

LOVE this rig.

Just need an AC30 now.

I'ver seen nice gear in this thread! Here is what I use!
Shure Wireless
Protone Deadhorse OD
Axe Fx Standard
then I split my signal to => 1-PA
2-Crown Xls 1500 poweramp + Mesa 2x12 provinding stage sound
I just want to say my Axe FX is verry reliable piece of gear I accidently flipped a botlle of water on it during a show and is still alive and also it sounds so good haha!

Punk rig -> japanese tele 72 custom / morley wah, morley volume, isp decimator, carl martin delay / evh 5150III mini -> orange 2x12
Metal rig -> skervesen raptor, blackat feral / sony digital wireless / kemper powerrack -> hesu2x12 or PA

My band playing first shows in a month or so and planned rig:

Ibanez FR6UC->Boss Tuner->Boss NS2->TS-9->Uberschall->Framus Dragon 4x12, some stuff in effects loop for a lead boost like EQ and delay. Pedals in pedaltrain board.