Track 6 on Morningrise?

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
I heard or read somewhere that there was a 6th Track put down on the later releases of Morningrise. Does anyone know anything about this?

Yes. I have that release

The track is called Eternal Soul torture and is a demo from 1992.
It goes for about 8 mins.

The song was later broken down into parts which were used in Advent and In The Mist She was standing.

I also have a bonus track on Orchid, another demo, called Into The Frost Of Winter, which was also broken up later on.

Both these songs rock, and Mikael does some interesting things with his voice. Great stuff. I'm glad I've got the reissues.

Originally posted by luke
It wrecks the whole mood created by Morningrise, best to get the old version...

I second that. After To Bid You Farewell, Eternal Soul Torture is exactly what the name implies.

This is something that can be looked at 2 ways. If you have an album on "repeat" and you want the integrity of the original release then you must have the first issue.

On the other hand, if you are someone who just wants everything that Opeth has ever released, then "more is more".

The only cd I have with bonus tracks is MAYH. I think the Celtic Frost and Iron Maiden tracks are a nice add on to what is really a pretty short cd {for Opeth anyways}.

well i've got the version of orchid with the bonus track, into the frost of winter is amazing. some of it was recycled for morningrise but its still great in its own right, i dont think that having a bonus track takes anything away from the original release, especially when its put on the end, it would be different if it was put in the middle and spoiled the mood...

Originally posted by musicholic

The only cd I have with bonus tracks is MAYH. I think the Celtic Frost and Iron Maiden tracks are a nice add on to what is really a pretty short cd {for Opeth anyways}.

Yeah I have the same on but I like the songs but I've listend to mayh the original way for so long that the extra tracks just don't sound right. And I wish that I had the origianl version of it.